EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Feature Requests (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=612)
-   -   Idea: Rare/Special Random Wares List merchants (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26391)

ChaosSlayer 10-01-2008 02:02 AM

Idea: Rare/Special Random Wares List merchants

Imagien that instead of carryign standart wares list or what layers sold to them, once a while a vendor will offer just a few pieces of some rare crafting component or other items which normaly never found on vendors.
The items will only be offered for a limited time.

The system would requre an additional Vendor table which would list "rare" items as well as a special field related to the specific merchant which will determine how many items will be randomly choosen from the list as well as reset timer.

Basicly thing of this the same way as a Loot table when item is choosen from a list of posible items. Let say timer is set to 24 hours. Every 24 horus timer fires, and chooses up X rare item from the list (X been value set how many to choose with each item having a Y % chance set for it to be selected). And adds these items to merchant regular inventory. So for next 24 hours merchant may get only 1 copy of rare Spell Scrol Z or only 3 bars of rare ore K.
If they not sold ot players before timer expires, the timer fires up and cleans up the special inventory and selects some other random items.

Just thing what a RP potential this can bring to the game. Timer reset value coudl also be set within some random boundaries like from 6 to 6 dayss to prevent players knowing for sure when timer on specific vendor will be reset. And quantaty of actual rare/special items added to inventory can warry based on set boundaries and random chance rolled.

KLS 10-01-2008 02:12 AM

I always thought something like this would be cool too.

ChaosSlayer 10-01-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS (Post 157360)
I always thought something like this would be cool too.

I am glad to hear that =)
best part- thsi should be rather easy to implement. All we need is a copy of Merchant Table, except this one will also list % chance for items, Reset Timer min and max, and number of items to be select from list attached to a merchant ID. (basicly puling together features of merchant and loot system)

And of course the server side code to add and purge the special items from inventories on timer reset

spoon 10-17-2008 09:09 AM

There might be any easy work around on this using spawn chance. Have two copies of the merchant with different merchant tables. Put them on the same spawn having the one with the rare items spawn rarely. Then set up the interval that they pop/depop. Haven't tried it out, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

ChaosSlayer 10-17-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon (Post 158497)
There might be any easy work around on this using spawn chance. Have two copies of the merchant with different merchant tables. Put them on the same spawn having the one with the rare items spawn rarely. Then set up the interval that they pop/depop. Haven't tried it out, but don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

that gona be a very problematic work around.
since idea than vemdor can crry from 1 to 20 random items- this means i will need 20 difirent version of same npc
not to mention they must have LIMITED inventory of them- like only 5-6

KLS 10-17-2008 12:59 PM

Something like this in DB I think would be easiest solution:

Code:

struct RareMerchantItem{
        int32 merchId;
        int slotid;
        int8 probability;
        int32 respawn;
        int32 respawnVariance;
        int32 maxCount;
};