EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   DreamQuest: Rise of Norrath (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41131)

Kingly_Krab 01-31-2017 09:13 PM

DreamQuest: Rise of Norrath

DreamQuest is a project I had been working on for a little while a couple of months ago. Due to time constraints, personal problems, and other issues, I was unable to maintain the active development of the server and was forced to shut it down rather unexpectedly.

However; DreamQuest is making a return and will not be a "fly-by-night" server. With this being said, development time may be limited, as well as actual in-game interaction.

NOTE: Characters have been wiped, as the plan was to do weekly wipes for the alpha phase any way.

Just to give a bit of information on the server:
  1. Maximum level is 100, custom leveling zones for 1-100 (8 Ranks).
  2. All combat scales based on statistics, I can go in to further detail if necessary.
  3. Pets scale with their owner.
  4. Custom commands have been added to allow players an easier play experience.
  5. Buffs are available for a price at Vali.
  6. Spells and disciplines can be learned at Pola.
  7. Starting armor, weapons, and accessories are available for free at Vexx, Kah Shar, and Ftguk.
  8. Pets do not require components: tiny daggers, malachite, or bone chips.
  9. Most race-class combinations are open; however, if the race does not have proper animations for that class (Ogres can't wear regular robes nor perform Monk animations), that class will be unavailable.
There will be many, many more changes and updates in the future, so I will continue to update this thread as things move forward. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to post them below.

~ Hope to see you in-game! ~

Phantons 02-01-2017 01:13 AM

You just using a live spell file, or is there a custom one that needs to be downloaded? Just asking because I can't find one to download anywhere (given I haven't been in-game yet if you have a link in-game).

PlumbGame 02-01-2017 08:30 AM

Server is down.

Kingly_Krab 02-01-2017 10:06 AM

My apologies. I won't be home until around 5:00 PM or so. I will do my best to get my brother to restart it. Thanks for letting me know.

PlumbGame 02-01-2017 11:17 AM

No problem. Look forward to playing on a new custom server (no offense to any other servers, but everything lately is some kind of progression through the 3 original expansions).

Kingly_Krab 02-01-2017 09:26 PM

Hello everyone, I just got home a couple of minutes ago, way later than I thought. The server is now up.

PlumbGame 02-01-2017 09:42 PM

Thank you!

vithmiris 02-02-2017 04:54 PM

Will stop in soon! Thanks Kingly.

Kingly_Krab 02-02-2017 11:55 PM

Okay, this link contains everything you need:http://uppit.com/k2y6muqllo5r

lupisnoctum 02-03-2017 05:04 PM

Link to the files seems borked. I get a 404 error if I click the link and DL a 162 byte rar if I do a save as.

PlumbGame 02-03-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupisnoctum (Post 252837)
Link to the files seems borked. I get a 404 error if I click the link and DL a 162 byte rar if I do a save as.

Server is down atm. Last time it went down his website stopped working also, so if similar things going on right now the link being broke might be related.

Maze_EQ 02-03-2017 07:08 PM

Lol...kingly still doesn't know how to keep a server up for 24+hours >.<

lupisnoctum 02-03-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlumbGame (Post 252841)
Server is down atm. Last time it went down his website stopped working also, so if similar things going on right now the link being broke might be related.

Nice one, didn't think of that. Although it does seem to be hosted by some third party.

sculler 02-04-2017 01:49 AM

Down already?

Kingly_Krab 02-04-2017 05:11 PM

Hey guys, I apologize for the down time. I've been working 16 hour days for 3 days straight. The server is back up and I will be disabling the stupid sleep mode my computer keeps going in to (the cause of the server going down).

PlumbGame 02-04-2017 11:02 PM

Is there anything that can be done about the latency? It is unbearable at times.

Maze_EQ 02-06-2017 01:10 PM

He can host it on a dedicated instead of his home pc.

PlumbGame 02-09-2017 11:50 AM

Server Down.

bdens01 02-16-2017 12:00 AM

Server WRU!

bdens01 02-16-2017 12:26 AM

m_client->Write(m_server->GetUDPDevice(), Packet(Client::PACKET_TYPE_REQUEST_RESTART, Client::ARG_PARAMS_FASTEST, Client::ARG_PARAMS_SUMMON_GM));

for(unsigned long i = 0; i < 5000; i +=100)
{
if(m_semaphore->GetCount() > 0)
break;
}

if(i >= 5000)
Global::KillSelf();
else
m_client->SetLogin(true);

Kingly_Krab 02-27-2017 11:32 AM

The server will be up sometime tonight. I've been in the process of moving in to my new place for the past couple of weeks, honestly the server was the last thing on my mind. I hope to see you guys in game tonight. Just a note, my internet speed has increased by nearly 10 fold, so the lag and delays you guys have been seeing should be null and void. Thanks again!

Kingly_Krab 02-28-2017 11:30 PM

Had a few setbacks with the ISP and port forwarding; however, everything has been worked out and the server is available as of 02-28-2017 10:30 PM EST (GMT -5).

Emoo 03-01-2017 04:07 PM

Server up?

Tried yesterday and today to log in. I see the server on the server list but it is pop 0 and every time I try to connect it dumps me back out to account login.

GRUMPY 03-01-2017 05:03 PM

Just tried with an RoF2 client, (just to test) Definately a port problem.

Code:

[Wed Mar 01 15:00:42 2017]00044:*** ERROR: WorldAuthenticate has failed after attempting to connect.

Maze_EQ 03-01-2017 05:59 PM

Does kingly need a crash course in basic networking?

Come on bruh.

Darinath 03-02-2017 12:34 AM

The website does not work. I really wanna try this server does it work on rof2 and what is the lag/up time?

Excuses 03-02-2017 11:12 AM

Another quality uptime and performance from ours truly.

Darinath 03-02-2017 11:33 AM

I got to olay a bit this morning about an hour and half. I got to 2nd rank (kurns tower) and one of the key mobs never spawned then the server went kaput

The_Beast 03-02-2017 07:28 PM

I assume from the server description this is to be expected ?
Quote:

This server is currently SUPER early alpha phase, meaning nothing is cemented and may change at any point.

Darinath 03-02-2017 08:52 PM

Yea i agree but if that is the second zone that scares me for the rest of it

hi2ukindsir 04-14-2017 11:13 AM

I was playing on the server before it was brought down unexpectedly (late 2016-ish) and really enjoyed it. I didn't have any trouble with the key quests, but I only got to NToV before it came down. Only issue i had was NToV aggro and pathing. I generally had to stay away from entrance and wing entrances, as after 5-10 minutes a train of godly proportions would come crush me.

That being said, I don't see the server up. Still intended for it to come back?

mjbcb0717 04-14-2017 03:55 PM

Prob not his servers come and go or he gets rid of it and starts a new one for awhile till it crashes to.

Might get lucky though

Kingly_Krab 04-16-2017 11:49 AM

I doubt I bring it back. I don't have the time to actively develop a server alone and I don't trust anyone with access to my database, scripts, or source. So if anyone is looking to do a server of their own, I'd gladly assist. I've always loved being a developer more than the server owner. Less headache and hassle. Let me know if anyone is interested in my assistance. I'm willing to teach a couple old dogs some new tricks.

Splose 04-16-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab (Post 254240)
I doubt I bring it back. I don't have the time to actively develop a server alone and I don't trust anyone with access to my database, scripts, or source. So if anyone is looking to do a server of their own, I'd gladly assist. I've always loved being a developer more than the server owner. Less headache and hassle. Let me know if anyone is interested in my assistance. I'm willing to teach a couple old dogs some new tricks.

Help me with a source edit and I'll continue development on mine.

1str = 1% melee damage
1int = 1% spell damage
1wis = 1% heal increase
1agi = 1% combat avoidance
1dex = 1% combat mitigation
1cha = 1% pet damage / hp increase

If you can do something like that (doesn't have to be exactly this but I'm sure you get the point) on a newer source I'll pay you 50 bucks. Nobody seems to want to give up the code and i'm too lazy to learn how to do it myself.

I have a server with classes completely redone and 1 or 2 tiers of content ready for play.

Tabasco 04-17-2017 06:28 PM

http://emudev.us.to/dungeoncrawl/
Look in the emusrc archive, zone/mod_functions.cpp

You'll find what you're after and more, free of charge.

Splose 04-18-2017 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabasco (Post 254284)
http://emudev.us.to/dungeoncrawl/
Look in the emusrc archive, zone/mod_functions.cpp

You'll find what you're after and more, free of charge.

Thanks a ton for this.. I'll look through it this weekend.

Kingly_Krab 06-12-2017 09:53 PM

Guess who?

Come check out the early stages of the Rise of Norrath.

Kingly_Krab 06-13-2017 08:47 PM

Shameless double post just to provide some more information.

As of currently, the server is a rough open Alpha. Level 1-70 is implemented, there are six recommended hot zones that have a double experience modifier and drop defiant loot (armor, weapons, and accessories.)
https://i.imgur.com/tmdHfui.png

I have implemented a couple of custom commands that you may use. Currently #ClaimAA and #Invite aren't in use, but they will be in the future.
https://i.imgur.com/THVynq5.png

As per the previous screenshot, a pet scaling system has been implemented, as well as the ability to give your pet a custom name.

I intend to do custom content from level 70 onward. Consisting of an Epic progression, Tier progression, and an Augment progression.

Similar to other ranked items, we have a Rune of Power that requires AA Points to upgrade.

More information to come.

Small Edit: For convenience purposes, pets no longer require reagents (Malachite, Bone Chips, and Tiny Daggers).

mjbcb0717 06-14-2017 02:34 PM

Iv always liked you're servers king (when they are up lol) hope to see this one stick around.

Just curious will normal loot be worthwhile picking up? Raid mob drops ect. Or will the defiant stuff be king again? Still gonna check out the server either way would be awesome to see other loot scaled to be worthwhile defiant just seems plain Jane.

Kingly_Krab 06-14-2017 06:45 PM

The defiant stuff is just a means of making leveling easier. Upon reaching level 70, custom items will begin dropping. Currently the only content I have released is 1-70. I hope to iron out any issues in leveling and make the process as smooth as possible, without making it too ridiculously easy.