EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::News (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594)
-   -   Windows Server Repack (EQEmu Akka's PEQ Repack) (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38836)

Uleat 01-22-2015 08:28 PM

I haven't tested the repack..but, based on what I've read in this thread, you should be able to follow the guide with no problems.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main

aoneone81 01-22-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 237088)
I haven't tested the repack..but, based on what I've read in this thread, you should be able to follow the guide with no problems.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main

Yeah, this page is very handy but: In this Akka's repack, there is no login.ini and that is where the database login needs to be configured. I've done repacks in the past, but this one seems to be missing this important *.ini file.

I have inserted an account into my sql and pointed the login server to 127.0.0.1 but again in the login screen it hangs with 'trying to connect'. I've tried setting eqhost.txt to point at localhost:5998, then 127.0.0.1:5998, and even my tcp ip address at 192.168.1.9:5998 but still no go. Something seems to be missing, and I can't seem to find how it runs without login.ini. Does anyone know? I know I'm missing an important step here..

Uleat 01-23-2015 01:31 AM

You can always access it directly from the repo:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree...ver/login_util

aoneone81 01-23-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 237095)
You can always access it directly from the repo:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/tree...ver/login_util

Do you think if I place the 3 files into akka's repack it will work? (login.ini, login_opcodes.conf, and login_opcodes_sod.conf?

Uleat 01-23-2015 05:32 PM

As long as you copy the files, build the login server binary and update your configuration files, I don't see a problem.

I'm not sure how the repack starts the eqemu processes, so you would either need to add the login server to any provided startup batch file, or..
manually start the login server before initiating any start-up process.

It never hurts to make back-up copies of any files that you alter, for worst case scenarios.

aoneone81 01-23-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uleat (Post 237115)
As long as you copy the files, build the login server binary and update your configuration files, I don't see a problem.

I'm not sure how the repack starts the eqemu processes, so you would either need to add the login server to any provided startup batch file, or..
manually start the login server before initiating any start-up process.

It never hurts to make back-up copies of any files that you alter, for worst case scenarios.

Oh I see, Ok I'll get back to you once I dig into that...

krazycrakker 02-01-2015 08:21 AM

fresh install no working .exe

I wiped my laptop. did a fresh install of this repack on win 7 ultimate 64bit. i followed the instructions and read this forum but could not get it to work. when i double click the start.bat i get 1 window with 4 lines clearing text. then it just freezes. if i right click and run as admin it tries to open the .exe's but tells me that they cant be located...any ideas?

Bohbo 02-04-2015 03:02 PM

Compiling New Version

When trying to compile the newest version using Repack as the base install I run into some problems with CMake that seem to be related to x64 version of Maria DB. I tried installing MySQL 32 bit with developer tools and had it add the paths.

When I make i still get this error.

Code:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:138 (message):
  Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MySQL_LIBRARY_DEBUG MySQL_LIBRARY_RELEASE
  MySQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:374 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindMySQL.cmake:72 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:306 (FIND_PACKAGE)

If i choose Visual Studio 12 x64 I don't run into any problems. why I was thinking it might be something to do with the 64 bit mariaDB. THis is great on the cmake side not so much on the VS side.

EDIT::: I was trying to make with x64 dependencies. I must have overlooked that go me!

lazril 02-07-2015 03:30 PM

I would like to know how to give myself Worldflag access in making me GM of my own server using this pack .

Bohbo 02-07-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazril (Post 237573)
I would like to know how to give myself Worldflag access in making me GM of my own server using this pack .

open up heidi sql, (grab pw from your server config file).

Go to accounts table, find your account set it to 255.

lazril 02-07-2015 04:19 PM

tyvm for the info , but it tells me when I try to log in to MySQL that access is denied
for user root

lazril 02-07-2015 05:21 PM

well I have it accessed but under the accounts im not seeing my name or toons name any help would be appreciated .

Bohbo 02-07-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazril (Post 237581)
well I have it accessed but under the accounts im not seeing my name or toons name any help would be appreciated .

you should see your loginserver account name under accounts / data tab

aoneone81 02-12-2015 02:07 PM

This is AMAZING!

I have to say, this is the most stable repack ever. I had this server installed on my old laptop running Vista x64 and it's flawless! It's been running for 2 weeks straight now, not a single crash yet and no lag either and I log in from my other desktop computers just like Live and I'm giddy like a mofo!

So far I adjusted everything to Live style, removed all fabled monsters, have all classic spells and icons, old classic graphics, even adjusted the monster hit rates similar to Live. I finally figured out that whole ' mobs never misses bug' and I'm back to being addicted all over again. I am multi-boxing my own characters and it's just like Live. The mobs spawn and hit like Live, my characters act just like how Kunark expansion did back in 2001, my bard gives old school particle effects, my enchanter charms and mezzes correctly. I can do my Epics at my own pace without worrying about some other person taking my camps. It's a dream come true.

The only problem I have is when you're a GM, you have to try really hard to prevent yourself from cheating (looking up database for uber items, instant heal/mana refill etc) I'm so tempted and I even got my family and friends to join, lol that's another story, it's my own little world all over. I finally saw 'Ancient Cyclops' up for the first time without being camped to death, what a sight! BTW, I'm spending so many hours again that my fiance is beginning to become very KOS when she's around, anyways I need to do my Journeyman boots quest, thank you!

Uleat 02-12-2015 10:37 PM

Best solution for a server admin who plays is to have discreet accounts :)

Toony 02-14-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toony (Post 236400)
I’m trying to troubleshoot Naxot Deepwater in Burning Woods, she’s just not popping (but Telin Darkforest is) here’s what I’ve tried or checked so far.

1, I was able to #dbspawn her but once I left the zone for a while she was gone when I came back.
2, I’ve verified the perl scripts for her are in the quests folder, those look ok
3, I have restarted the server and checked at 4am, 6am, 8am, 9am and 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 9pm game time etc. unless she’s popping for a few seconds and poofing I’m just not seeing her.

I guess what I could really use is some basic check x table or y folder for 1,2,3 type instruction and I should be able to get it. I did check the wiki but I’m not seeing anything this specific there.

Thanks for anything you might be able to provide that’ll point me in the right direction.

Updating my own post with a little more info, when I run

Code:

#spawnstatus 87002
I get "No matching spawn id was found in this zone".

Does that indicate some other prerequisite to spawn Naxot hasn't been met?

Azrealvect 02-15-2015 08:06 PM

Cant log into heidi

I would like to edit the rules table, however I cannot log in to edit the sql. when I open heidi there is nothing there. if i make a new connection using the very long pw (is it supposed to be that way?) out of the eqemu_config it gives me an access is denied for user root. Any tips on how to get around this? im guessing im not doing something simple that is preventing it.

Azrealvect 02-15-2015 08:25 PM

Nevermind can we delete this post please? I figured it out

qumdaan 02-16-2015 02:21 AM

Windows 10

Thanks Akkadius, awesome package...
Has anyone installed Akkas Repack with Windows 10?
I don't think there should be any issues but just checking to see if anyone has had a problem.

Cheers Qumdaan

Siltene 02-16-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qumdaan (Post 237912)
Thanks Akkadius, awesome package...
Has anyone installed Akkas Repack with Windows 10?
I don't think there should be any issues but just checking to see if anyone has had a problem.

Cheers Qumdaan

Yes - and so far, no issues that aren't Win10 strangeness (navigation is a bit odd for those of us that didn't migrate from 7 to 8/8.1)

atomic 02-22-2015 07:31 PM

Just wondering

Is there any chance the pack can be updated to include the patch with Rof2 enabled?

I'm only asking as in the last 2 weeks I've had major problems patching it. For example the dos window that should have a menu to backup the database and such does not work for me and ends up breaking my database so when I run the server it just says no zones have loaded yet. I don't know how hard it is for the basic server setup you made to have the first or second patch already added. If not no problem.

Im using a windows 8 64bit OS (maybe 8.1). My whole computer crashed last week so I had to do a full install of windows again so i'm guessing im back on 8.0 again.

Toony 02-23-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomic (Post 238155)
Is there any chance the pack can be updated to include the patch with Rof2 enabled?

I'm only asking as in the last 2 weeks I've had major problems patching it. For example the dos window that should have a menu to backup the database and such does not work for me and ends up breaking my database so when I run the server it just says no zones have loaded yet. I don't know how hard it is for the basic server setup you made to have the first or second patch already added. If not no problem.

Im using a windows 8 64bit OS (maybe 8.1). My whole computer crashed last week so I had to do a full install of windows again so i'm guessing im back on 8.0 again.

It already is, if you use the repack update.

Karnon 02-27-2015 04:25 PM

The program (Repack) took over my computer. Everything I clicked on it tried to delete or re-install the program. MySQL ran in the background (MariaDB) something and it just ran my computer completely nuts. It literally took over. All I did was follow the instructions. After I rebooted it worked great. Second reboot it took over. It took me hours to delete. IDK if this is isolated but it was rather insane. Before that it worked flawlessly. I'll have to find something else unfortunately. Thanks for the work.

Akkadius 02-27-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karnon (Post 238271)
The program (Repack) took over my computer. Everything I clicked on it tried to delete or re-install the program. MySQL ran in the background (MariaDB) something and it just ran my computer completely nuts. It literally took over. All I did was follow the instructions. After I rebooted it worked great. Second reboot it took over. It took me hours to delete. IDK if this is isolated but it was rather insane. Before that it worked flawlessly. I'll have to find something else unfortunately. Thanks for the work.

It's recommended to use a Virtual machine if you can.

Leetsauce 03-01-2015 11:30 AM

All of my problems were caused by me not reading and being dumb.

Be sure to set your environment manually!

rayman121985 03-04-2015 10:56 AM

Thanks for this!

1. Does it have bots?
2. Any custom content?
3. Does it work well with a LAN setup for solo play?

THANKS again!

Ray-

Maze_EQ 03-26-2015 10:04 AM

Works fine on Windows 10.

Good stuff.

Massy2k1 03-27-2015 07:55 PM

This sounds really interesting, I would love to try this out but if I even got it working could I limit it to Kunark only?

Toony 03-28-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massy2k1 (Post 239006)
This sounds really interesting, I would love to try this out but if I even got it working could I limit it to Kunark only?

Yes, you can limit which expansions are enabled.

Massy2k1 03-29-2015 10:22 AM

This seems to be working which is great, although I cant figure out how to limit the server to Kunark only. I'm sure its obvious but I'm just not that smart, any help would be great.

Maze_EQ 03-29-2015 04:04 PM

Code:

update zone set flag_needed = CONCAT(flag_needed,expansion)WHERE expansion > 2;
update zone set flag_needed = '' WHERE expansion <= 2        ;
select * from zone where expansion = 2;

I mean thats one out of 400 ways to do it.

Massy2k1 03-29-2015 05:40 PM

Thx for the reply, I wish I new where to find that. I've run a ton of google searches and looked through here and from what I can tell I need to gain access to a 'variables table'?, honestly cant figure out where that is and I assume what you posted is probably there.

If only I was smarter!

goddest 03-30-2015 01:38 AM

Akka's peq

just wondering when I download your file can I not use internet explorer any more also I could not get this even close to running there is no read me file nor your instructions on the web page explain anything about downloading everquest and now I cant get all of the files that came with ur download out of my computer now I have to reinstall windows to fix my computer and loose all my stuff. Thanks alot:mad:

Akkadius 03-30-2015 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddest (Post 239048)
just wondering when I download your file can I not use internet explorer any more also I could not get this even close to running there is no read me file nor your instructions on the web page explain anything about downloading everquest and now I cant get all of the files that came with ur download out of my computer now I have to reinstall windows to fix my computer and loose all my stuff. Thanks alot:mad:

http://i.imgur.com/TnInxaC.png

Speedz 03-30-2015 02:10 AM

Those that don't read instructions are the reason the warning labels are on blow dryers.

Secrets 03-30-2015 02:31 AM

directions unclear; got my disk stuck in my cd drive

Akkadius 03-30-2015 02:38 AM

Instructions not clear, i put my dick in the blender

Speedz 03-30-2015 02:45 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...PPS0KO3_9cf52o

Speedz 03-30-2015 02:47 AM

http://puu.sh/gUVdn/aeaf51526f.jpg

Maze_EQ 03-30-2015 11:45 AM

That guy can't be serious.....

Like, is that Caryatis trolling? Or is the dude really as dumb and india tech support?

http://www.thelink2.com/nsrlink/tech-support-02.jpg