EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   PEQ ,MQ2 , and Raid Addicts (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33669)

KingMort 06-01-2011 06:12 PM

PEQ ,MQ2 , and Raid Addicts

I've decided to allow MQ2 on the Raid Addicts Server for the first time in it's history. (9 years june 2nd)

I have learned that there is a PEQ version of it that doesn't have all the serious cheats in it. I still think players who use this program are panzy's with no skill but whatever I figure you guys can go ahead and use it since it's ok with PEQ and use their version on my server.

If it starts to be a problem where people are using serious cheats with it then I will simply just cut away the bad apples and ban them. However there is lots of EQ functions that without it are just more tedious and annoying so I can understand why some like it just to make their lives easier as far as boxing and everything goes.

Since I am new to allowing this I would really like to see what PEQ's rules are on this subject if possible can some one email me what their stance is or post what their rules are on this subject because I couldn't find that but I would like to read it just for reference sake. From what I am gathering though it's mainly you guys do not want to see any automation and no cheating via plugins right??

Secrets 06-01-2011 06:38 PM

The only thing PEQ doesn't allow is MQ2 plugins that are not on their list of plugins. You can find that list at projecteq's website.

Keep in mind we don't give links to MQ2 here while discussing this, as we do respect servers like P1999 that do not allow it period. (That, and it's forbidden to share it on this website.)

KingMort 06-01-2011 07:16 PM

Are you surprised?? I still don't use it btw .. haha

image 06-01-2011 08:35 PM

I am sure all the people who were already using it on your server are snickering right now KingMort. Those who want to use the EZ tools are going to use it despite your permission.

Rogean 06-01-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingMort (Post 200571)
(9 years june 2nd)

/sigh

------

devn00b 06-01-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 200578)
/sigh

------

My thoughts exactly rogean.

KingMort 06-01-2011 09:40 PM

He's sighing over the 9 year thing, but he obviously can't count or search old forum posts to see when old server birthdays were in prior years. And some how denies it even though he was pretty much right there a year after it started and on my server as a GM. Anyway he has called me out and called me a liar saying my server isnt as old as it is. That worked ok because not many people played on the original project I started back in 2002 with 4.2 binarys that was when eqemu was run by completely different people and was (www.eqemu.com) .. After that huge revolt or whatever the site came under new owners and was from then on (www.eqemulator.xxx) That was back in 2003 as a matter of fact and I was sure to make an account on the forums back then to keep up with all the latest eqemu drama and who was running the show. The user I created was this one : http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/member.php?u=18273 . As you can see thats over 8 years ago just for that account. (Join Date: 04-23-2003) not counting the one i had prior on the old site which I first started my eqemu server when Krushers Semi-LEgit was the MOST POPULAR around. And Btw rogean you didn't even exist then so don't make up facts or call me a liar based on things you have no clue about.

So please no more /sighs, and no more calling me a liar about anything I say because that type of abuse just isn't cool !

Anyway Devn00b , my community is so small it is easy to catch onto people using plugins that are un-approved. Will be easy to catch those anyway they always have been pretty much. Just a matter of following the person around to see when they slip up. Plus other players seem to turn each other in like it's going out of style no comradery some times within player ranks.

Pro_Hibbitz 06-01-2011 10:08 PM

This was my first account Dyne22 and the first server I played on was KMRA
This is Morts first acct when the server went up
This is Mangoo's acct one of the first devs on KMRA.

Here's your proof KMRA is as old as mort says

KingMort 06-01-2011 10:16 PM

Lol thanks Pro , but he'll probably ban you now for helping me knowing him! He's already banned me like 3 times as punishment for what he made up about me.

lerxst2112 06-01-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro_Hibbitz (Post 200581)

2011 - 2003 = 8 right?

Soulcold 06-01-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro_Hibbitz (Post 200581)

That reminds me, I never finished my Mangoo armor set on any of my toons. /sigh

KingMort 06-01-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

2011 - 2003 = 8 right?
8 years and 2 months right.. But that's just as long as www.eqemulator.xxx has been around like I said. I don't remember when that whole fight went down and when the exact date the new site came up though.

Burningsoul 06-02-2011 12:43 AM

Ahh I remember those days, that melwin fellow banning people left and right, all the "OMGZorZ I patched to live I'm SKREWED!" posts. Good times.

image 06-02-2011 07:50 AM

I want those beer goggles please. You didn't even acknowledge the correct person who questioned you catching ppl on the server Mort..

KingMort 06-02-2011 08:20 AM

Everyone knows I quit drinking :) But what are you talking about lol ?