EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Support::Windows Servers (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=587)
-   -   Merchant Pricing way off (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36664)

Dhrystone 03-18-2013 05:55 PM

Merchant Pricing way off

I just realized that on my server I can sell a Rusty Dagger for 1 gold and buy it back for 4 silver! The same with most all items! Anywhere in Norrath!

I'm running the version of the emulator as of mid-February before the move to Git with the standard PEQ rev 2506 database. I've made only slight additions to add a couple of quest mobs. Nothing to affect merchant prices.

What is going on? I can fix it by changing the sellrate on items. If I put the Rusty Dagger sellrate to 5 the merchant prices it about 20 percent above the buy price. I could SQL update the sellrates to fix this...

But something tells me this is a universal tweak somewhere but I can't find it. Tweaking the merchant rules doesn't seem to affect anything.

I'm keeping the server locked until I can fix this.

Help? Ideas?

Dhry

ChaosSlayerZ 03-18-2013 05:59 PM

yeah check the sellrates ;)
they can set to such a setting where you can buy an items for 1 copper and then sell it back for a million ;)

Derision 03-18-2013 06:16 PM

Seems OK on my test server. What do you get with these queries:
Code:

mysql> SELECT id, Name, Price, sellrate FROM  items WHERE  Name LIKE  'Rusty Dagger';
+-------+--------------+-------+----------+
| id    | Name        | Price | sellrate |
|  7007 | Rusty Dagger |    30 |        1 |
| 13346 | Rusty Dagger |    30 |        1 |
| 94100 | Rusty Dagger |    0 |        9 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from rule_values where rule_name like 'Merchant:BuyCostMod';
+------------+---------------------+------------+-------+
| ruleset_id | rule_name          | rule_value | notes |
|          1 | Merchant:BuyCostMod | 0.94999998 |      |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

dagulus2 03-18-2013 06:17 PM

I had this behavior on merchants who did not actually have a merchant list assigned to them.

Dhrystone 03-18-2013 06:40 PM

Straight off my database at the moment:

Code:

mysql> SELECT id, Name, Price, sellrate FROM  items WHERE  Name LIKE  'Rusty Dagger';
| id    | Name        | Price | sellrate |
|  7007 | Rusty Dagger |    30 |        5 |
| 13346 | Rusty Dagger |    30 |        1 |
| 94100 | Rusty Dagger |    0 |        9 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from rule_values where rule_name like 'Merchant:BuyCostMod';
+------------+---------------------+------------+-----------------------------+
| ruleset_id | rule_name          | rule_value | notes                      |
|          1 | Merchant:BuyCostMod | 0.95      | Modifier for NPC buy price. |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The 7007 item sell rate is 5 because I'm testing it.

When I sell 7007 to Katha Firespinner at indifferent she gives me 1g 4s. When she lists it the price is 1g 4s 2c. At a sellrate of 4 she lists it at 1g 1s 4c.

When I sell 13346 to her she gives me the same price. But I can buy it back from her at only 4s 3c.

The same pattern holds for all items. Anytime the sellrate is under 5 it's a plat exploit. All items I have checked so far. But on the official PEQ server all is well. Katha buys a malachite from me at 4s 8c and sells it for 5s 2c. But on my server which should have the same database she pays me 1g s 3c for that malachite but only sells it for 4s 7c!!

Thanks!
Dhry

EDIT: I have temporarily fixed this by adding 5 to all sellrates in the items table.

Dhrystone 03-18-2013 07:23 PM

And why I'm at it, is there a way to refresh the merchants after a change without re-starting the server? I tried the various reload commands and zoned but nothing changes until I restart.

Dhry.

blooberry_eq99 02-15-2019 03:55 PM

I know it's an old thread, but in case someone comes across this while searching and has the same question... you can use #reloadmerchants to refresh them in-game.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...r-Data-Loading has a great reference of how to reload certain data that is being modified.