EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   UltimateEQ - Progression Server With Custom Content (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41949)

Shodai82 06-27-2018 01:15 PM

UltimateEQ - Progression Server With Custom Content

I'm happy to officially announce UltimateEQ even though we have been up for a good week now, testing away. There is already a healthy group of folks playing, and we'd like to invite many more to come. Without further ado, a rundown of features:

Main Feature Rundown

-Max Level: 70
-Players: 1-4 (3 per IP Address Max)
-Raids: Tuned and on a 1-hour respawn timer.
-XP: Greatly increased while still retaining a sense of progression.
-Progression: Traditional through POP.
-Custom Progression Quest: Quests for each era, through POP.
-4 Tiers of Custom Loot: Purchasable via currency earned each time you kill mobs. The currency you get depends on the level of the mob.
-Custom End-Game: Hand-crafted instances available after POP. They come with scaling monsters based on your Ultimate Rank, custom events, and great loot.
-Custom Crafting: Forge will make you Ultimate Weapons and Armor.
-Gambler: Reroll your custom end-game items for even better ones...or lose them completely...
-Uber Bosses: Turn in custom currency (Ultimate Tokens) dropped within the end-game to spawn the most powerful mobs on the server. Amazing loot, but you will want to bring some friends!
-Treasure Goblins: Rumor has it they carry a lot of coin and famous old-world loot.
-Classes: All are tuned and powerful! No flavor of the month here.
-Custom Augments: Epic --> Epic Augment for those who like doing the epic questline, and others via custom currency.
-Tons of unique (and often powerful) clickies that are always usable from inventory, which makes for some very interesting class -> non-class spell interactions.
-MQ: We don't mind track, but warp abuse is a bad idea!
-Regen: Fast HP/Mana/End regen on rested state.
-Client: Should work fine with all EQ clients.
-Conveniences: Custom translocator, cash for AA vendor, race changer, buffer, spell trainer (spells/discs/etc are also auto-learned in most cases).

Philosophy

Progression without pain, but with a sense of accomplishment is our keystone.

We have fond memories of servers like Imperium, Addicted Dads, and Leetsauce. Our hope is that this server incorporates some of the things we liked in those, along with our own twist. The custom content should keep folks coming back for a long time, and we will continually add additional instances for that. The custom gear should make you feel powerful and make things fun. Little touches like treasure goblins will keep the mood light.

Contact

Forum: ultimateeq.com
Discord: http://discord.gg/QyEq5hG

Maze_EQ 07-02-2018 12:34 PM

Good dev.

He listens and fixes stuff.

I rarely speak fondly of anyone....

Kingly_Krab 07-02-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maze_EQ (Post 259150)
Good dev.

He listens and fixes stuff.

I rarely speak fondly of anyone....

This is true, I've spoke with the Developer too, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Definitely a server worth looking in to.

Akkadius 07-02-2018 08:31 PM

Nice to see some driven new blood around here!

Maze_EQ 07-03-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akkadius (Post 259156)
Nice to see some driven new blood around here!

Whats wrong?

Are you already getting tired of me? :(

Sturm 07-05-2018 10:11 PM

I'll pop in to say hi one day Crank.
Happy Adventuring!

Shodai82 07-13-2018 09:24 AM

Updated Discord Link: https://discord.gg/HMp5cR

Kingly_Krab 07-13-2018 04:23 PM

You’ll have to make a new invite link, the one you posted already expired. When you make an invite link there’s an option to make it a non-expiring invite link. Should solve having to post new links.

Shodai82 08-02-2018 02:58 PM

Just an update - A massive amount of custom content has been added since this initial post. We have been averaging 40-50 folks most nights, with spikes higher. We are always looking for more!

Adol77 08-02-2018 04:33 PM

Have been enjoying the server since it started. The developer (Shodai) puts a ton of time and effort into the server, and is receptive to player feedback. The raid content so far is balanced around 4-6 toons and is fun and rewarding. I would highly recommend checking it out!

lgsource1 08-03-2018 07:06 AM

Seems like a fun concept and the developer seems like a good dude. Developers that dont implode and delete their servers after a few months seem to be more and more rare.

Aonelyn 08-03-2018 04:21 PM

This server is dope. The progression speed feels perfect, not too fast and not too slow. Friendly community and the staff is constantly making balancing corrections as well as new content. I've been around the eqemu community for over 10 years and this server is up there with the best! Let's make them Green!

Andercross 08-03-2018 09:43 PM

Great server, great response to the very few bugs we've seen. New content has been coming out that has actual challenge. Some drop rate increases in the lower tier have been implemented recently, so it's a great time to join and get caught up with folks. Community seems great in helping answer questions.

Hope you come check it out. If you do and end up with any questions, ooc will definitely help out - or send me a tell on Sally/Silly/Punk/Random.

-Funk

Shodai82 08-18-2018 12:42 PM

We now have, in addition to our base progression, 7 Ultimate Progression zones (Ultimate Sleeper's Tomb and Ubers launched this week). Each of this zones have 25-100 unique loot drops each, many new spells, and so forth. It's been a really eventful couple of months and I would encourage those interested to come take a look.

I have also worked quite a lot on quality of life changes, smoothed out progression, and updated class gaps - they have gone over extremely well. If you are interested in playing, by all means come visit us or check the forum at http://ultimateeq.freeforums.net/. You can also view all the content updates that have been made since I started logging them (there is a lot!) in the changelog section of the forum.

lgsource1 08-19-2018 05:59 AM

Come join the fun! (we have pancakes)..

iweh 08-20-2018 06:22 PM

This Is a great server, I've only been playing a couple of weeks but have just broken into Ultimate ToV. It's easy to start out and challenging and rewarding progression.

I havent had issues finding a group to run around with when content gets abit hard for my Dual box Pally/Monk, and the veteran players are always willing to help. If your looking for a friendly community and a server with active dev's this is a good place to call home. I'm personally looking forward to spending many more hours playing this server!!

Hope to see many more people to enjoy UltimateEQ adventures with!

Sandai/Palitox

duromax 08-27-2018 10:14 AM

Been playing for a couple weeks and I absolutely love this server. The devs are active and the community is really friendly. Progression is just grindy enough without being too intense and end game content is really fun.

Having a blast so far !

gpofbr 08-27-2018 10:57 PM

Nice Server

It's a fun server well thought out and well executed. Although it's custom it has an old school feel. I particularly enjoyed the ultimate starter zones of upper guk, lower guk and Seb. That brought back some memories.

Shodai82 08-29-2018 08:42 AM

Another update was released-The latest progression tier has 3 new zones: Ultimate Blackburrow, Ultimate Solusek A, and Ultimate Mistmoore. Another round of 40 new spells, armor sets, focus, augments, and fun events are now available!

Shodai82 09-03-2018 12:55 PM

The server has been updated again with the next content release - Ultimate Zone: The Hole!

P1xt 09-04-2018 12:35 PM

UltimateEQ Rocks

Unlike a lot of other players, I haven't been playing on Emu servers for the past decade. My memories of EQ are over a decade old, because I've not been playing on live either. I did pop in one one of the live progression servers a year or so ago but it was pretty 'meh', my idea of recapturing the good ole days doesn't involve an 'us or them' battle to 'win the game'.

Over the past few months I've tried a few emu servers. TAKP is awesome and felt like I was right back in the day. Classless was a good idea, but there just seemed like there was, for lack of a better word, a 'meanness' to the community that was, well, off-putting. RebuildEQ was a fantastic idea (I played here the longest) but they sort of fail at 'truth in advertising' - pretty much across the board, the 'rebuild' is centered around the core philosophy of nerfing the ability to solo in order to encourage grouping which pretty much just feels like a gut punch on a server where the typical population is 1-6.

So I tried UltimateEQ

My first thought was 'this is going to get old quick', because within an hour of logging in I was blazing through kurns like a hot knife through butter, collecting tokens, getting gear - and omg the gear - better stats at level 10 than I ever had at max level back in the day. An hour in and I'm thinking 'sure this was fun as ****, but the fun can't possibly last'.

I was wrong.

Sure you're mowing stuff down and getting your tokens and getting your T1 gear in no time - and feeling a bit of both 'this is badass, I am badass' and 'well, this isn't really classic classic, if I can just mow through this, what is there left'.

I'll tell you what's left - tiering up, maxing out your lowbie gear then going for T2 gear, then T3 - progression quests that send you out to kill the big baddies from each expansion through PoP. I haven't got to them yet, but after PoP there are 'ultimate' zones (I believe beginning with Crushbone).

And, even though the gear flows freely and the early game just flies by - by the time you get to progression, it is challenging, and for all the non-classic gear you're wearing you actually have to put your classic hat on and play well and with strategy and THAT was what, for me, brought me right back to the Everquest I am so nostalgic for.

You can two box. But, you don't have to.

You can use MQ2/warp through the early content (but have to cut out the warping and actually fight your way in once you get to PoP progression and beyond).

The community is fantastic. People are actually nice, for no reason, other than that it's the norm on the server.

The GM is fantastic - imagine a server where not only does the GM respond promptly and in good spirits to bug reports, but where he also tells the community in advance what he is planning next for the server and then actually schedules releases warning everyone in advance when a patch is going in or the server's going to get a reboot.

UltimateEQ is a fantastic server, with a great GM, a wonderful community - and yeah, shit's not classic, but somehow I just don't care. This is fun.

Ridler 09-04-2018 02:41 PM

Great server to play, played on a few emu's and find this one the best so far. 2 toon max is nice for boxing and lots of people willing to help with progression if you get stuck. Great Dev that answers questions quickly and always smashing out bugs.

Kingly_Krab 09-05-2018 10:48 AM

I’m glad to finally see constructive feedback. The pessimism and satire gets old. Great server you have going here, keep it going and who knows, you could be a “gold” server in a couple years.

bardkelgar 09-05-2018 01:15 PM

Lots of content and a GM who actively works with players to make the server better.

mjbcb0717 09-06-2018 11:00 AM

It’s an awesome server! Not one of them hold your hand servers where loots easy to obtain and you’ll clear it in a week. This server offers a big challenge but is duo/solo friendly (some stuff may require a group in the ultimate zones) tons of custom loot and spells. You’ll be spending a lot of time here for sure. It took me awhile to get into the ultimate zones had to do the dreaded VT key for two toons so that took a good bit of time. Still having fun here so I encourage everyone to check it out for sure!

Grolm 09-08-2018 08:36 PM

Awesome server

Very fun server, enjoying an awesome and helpful player base. Things are getting tuned and adjusted everyday by Shodai to make things fun. Shodai listens and is very helpful himself. Would loved to see this server on preferred list.

Hiing 09-08-2018 09:39 PM

A+ Server.

Great content, fast paced, great community, and very active and responsive developer.

This server needs to be on the preferred list.

ward3 09-10-2018 05:28 PM

I agree with P1xt's comment above. I thought this server would get old quickly, but I keep finding myself wanting to logon and play here.

Shodai82 09-11-2018 10:05 PM

Next tier launched yesterday - The Ultimate Tower of Frozen Shadow. Tons of new spells, gear, quests, and fun clickies for starters!

Raenar 09-12-2018 07:23 AM

Consistent new content, the dev actually listens and adds new things every class feels solid no other server has been able to hold my interest this well in years. Just can't get enough

Jysin 09-26-2018 06:05 AM

Been playing here for months and running a few characters with (mostly) max gear. The content is amazingly balanced and there is a curve in progression that is tuned just right. Shodai is one of the most driven GMs I have seen in an Emu. Just when you are finishing up whatever Tier you are in, he seems to be announcing all new content!

Class balance is good. The Dev has, on multiple occasions, set aside future content work to address class issues. Never seems to take him more than a couple days. The pace of development and content here is staggering.

Well deserving of Green status!

Shodai82 09-26-2018 01:42 PM

The next release happens tonight...Ultimate Veeshan's Peak! This will be the newest challenge (tiered) zone. Tons of new spells, gear, custom focus, and custom clickies to be brief. This will be my biggest update ever, and probably will need to sleep for a week after go-live.

tako_EQ 09-26-2018 06:10 PM

server is pretty fun, gms on server are really helpful and server population is actually good for an emu

however

there isnt much thought that goes into progression, it is pretty quick and nothing custom, just multiplication of numbers for damage you do and damage you take. i got bored pretty fast, but if you are really casual and like doing original content just with bigger numbers, you will enjoy your time here

Shodai82 09-26-2018 09:26 PM

I responded to a question about the server on the General forum that I figured was worth x-posting. It gives a pretty good overview of what you can expect from the server as it currently exists:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...52&postcount=3

Seipherwood 09-29-2018 10:58 PM

Interesting server to play on.
Gambling for every upgrade to armor is a little annoying at times, but its fun to go through progression.

Theido78 10-03-2018 02:02 PM

Really enjoying this server. Great people willing to help and so much content. Come see what you're missing!

jonnyx3 10-07-2018 05:19 AM

What I would say to a new player on this server:

Roll a SK or Pally.

Caster classes are a joke unless you have a lot of help. They are barely a duo partner.

This is a far more hard core server than it describes.

lgsource1 10-12-2018 11:17 AM

Not sure i agree with you. At what point do you think other classes and casters are no good? Mages seem really good right now. I dont have a high level necro or wiz though. Ranger seems to be fine with a healer.

mjbcb0717 10-13-2018 11:45 PM

casters are not all to strong early game my mage struggled in the ultimates till i got the new pet and he was stacked in AA/gear + boxed cleric...yet i would see a SK/pally pull 7-8 mobs and have no problem were as i got smacked if i had more then 2.

but they get really good later just have to play it out i guess.

tako_EQ 10-14-2018 12:54 AM

casters hard to balance and usually ignored on server like this because of the 2box limit, it forces everyone into tank+healer, and so nobody plays through the game normally as a caster, but they will PL an alt caster up after the fact