EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::General Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Loot System Help (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43797)

bryan4268 01-25-2023 04:14 PM

Loot System Help

Here is what I have so far, I am trying I promise and I want to thank every one for the help they have provided so far here's an example I hope helps any one looking for info.

I want the Mob to Drop up to 3 items so I create 3 inputs in the Lootdrop table. There ID's will be 1, 2, and 3. Name does not matter but something like 1_mob_name_wear for table 1 ( this will be items that the npc will equip with a value of 1 for the equip field on the lootdrop entires) for an easy ability to search and edit later if you decide to make changes. Entry two will be 2_mob_name_misc for misc items , that are not equipped and field 3 will be named 3_mob_name.

From there We go to Lootdrop_entires on this table lootdrop id will 1, 2, and 3. we will create 10 fields with lootdrop_id 1 items 1002-1011, 5 for lootdrop_id 2 items 2001-2005 and 1 for lootdrop_id 3 item 5555. All other fields get there respective value for the sake of this tutorial I will make lootdrop_id 3 with a chance value of 100 because I want it to always drop if I want 2 of that item to always drop I make the multiplier 2 either here or on the loottable_entries table since it is the only item in that table.

From there we go to the loottable table where we set the coin and the ID that will be used on the npc_types field to determine their loot. so for this example we are going to create ID 100 and name is mob. Min cash and max Cash are in copper values , average is of course average, Not sure what DONE is for doesn't seem to make a difference no matter which way I set it but I keep it on 0. ( any info on what done does would be awesome)

Almost done the next table we address is loottable_entries Where we create 3 entries , all with the loottable_id of 100 ( from the previous step) in the first one we will put lootdrop_id 1 , the next one will have lootdrop_id 2 and the last one will have lootdrop_id 3, for the loottable_entries referencing lootdrop 3 we will set the mindrop to a value of 1 to ensure it always drops.

Finally we go to NPC_types , and in there for the NPC we use the loottable_id of 100 to use the loottable we just created and what will happen is the mob will drop for sure 1 item 5555 and depending upon the other fields that were set in terms of chance and probabilty he may or may not drop one item from each lootdrop_entry.

So from what I understand probability is checked first to determine if that item is even going to be rolled on , so if probably is set to 50 on lootdrop 1 you will have a 50/50 chance of getting one of the 10 items in lootdrop_entires 1 based on the chances that you have set in the lootdrop.

If there is any one who could better explain the the following columns from the respected tables I would appreciate it very much. I really am

lootdrop_entires table - chance, disabled chance, and multiplier
loottable table - done
loottable_entries table - multiplier , droplimit, mindrop and probability

Tossica 01-26-2023 03:54 PM

This is much easier to understand if you use the PEQeditor. Loottables are assigned to NPCs, lootdrops are assigned to loottables, items are assigned to lootdrops. Coin for the drop is done at the loottable level. For lootdrops you set a percent chance for that lootdrop to "hit". If it doesn't hit, that lootdrop is ignored entirely and it moves on to the next lootdrop if there is one. Setting a mindrop to 1, 100% chance of hitting and adding up the items within that drop to = 100 will guarantee 1 item from that drop and which item is based on the % chance. If you set mindrop to 1, 50% chance at the lootdrop level, then 50% of the time at least 1 item will drop and you can weight the items within the drop by changing their % values. These do not need to add up to 100. If you set mindrop to 0 things get confusing so I've learned to always set mindrop to 1 and use the % for the lootdrop to control the frequency of an item dropping and then weight the items themselves based on how rare I want each to be.

Tossica 01-26-2023 03:57 PM

chance is how you weight the rarity of the item within the drop. disabled chance stores the value the item had prior to being disabled in that lootdrop. This way you can temporarily disable an item and then when you enable it it will restore the previous value. Multipliers are easy ways to make more than 1 of a certain item drop for tradeskill items, etc. drop limit is how many times the drop will be rolled against for a hit. 4 would be 4 rolls against whatever the probability is for that drop.

Tossica 01-26-2023 04:04 PM

It looks like this in the PEQ Editor. Highly recommend that tool for specific tasks like this one that link multiple tables together. https://i.gyazo.com/6034ad68498d9021...7fe6ed1e55.png

In this example approximately 1 in 20 kills will result in a squire card of some sort dropping with each card having an equal chance to drop. If you wanted Red to be more rare than the others you'd just make its "chance" lower than all of the others, significantly lower would make it significantly less likely than the others to drop once the drop gets a "hit".