EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   Development::Bots (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   #bot archery (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29814)

v6greenfbird95@yahoo.com 10-17-2009 01:56 AM

#bot archery

On my server when i attempt the #bot archery command, the client goes linkdead any ideas? or is that command just broken atm

v6greenfbird95@yahoo.com 10-17-2009 01:03 PM

Just noticed on the servers world output it says bad/expired session key

Drakson 10-19-2009 02:32 PM

I have the same problem. Check the logs all I see is the zone going down and the server bring it back up.

Code:

[10.19. - 13:27:31] [WORLD__CLIENT] Drakson: Entering zone hollowshade (166:0)
[10.19. - 13:27:31] [WORLD__ZONE] [50] [hollowshade] Broadcasting a world time update
[10.19. - 13:27:32] [WORLD__ZONE] [50] [hollowshade] Setting to 'hollowshade' (166:0)
[10.19. - 13:27:32] [WORLD__CLIENT] Drakson: Sending client to zone hollowshade (166:0) at 208.109.124.182:7049
[10.19. - 13:27:32] [WORLD__CLIENT] Drakson: Client disconnected (not active in process)
[10.19. - 13:29:27] [WORLD__ZONELIST] Removing zoneserver #50 at :7049
[10.19. - 13:29:27] [WORLD__ZONELIST] Hold Zones mode is ON - rebooting lost zone
[10.19. - 13:29:27] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zone: dynamic_50 reported state STOPPED (1 starts)
[10.19. - 13:29:37] [WORLD__LAUNCH] zone: dynamic_50 reported state STARTED (2 starts)
[10.19. - 13:29:37] [WORLD__ZONE] New TCP connection from 127.0.0.1:3017
[10.19. - 13:29:37] [WORLD__CONSOLE] New zoneserver #53 from 127.0.0.1:3017
[10.19. - 13:29:37] [WORLD__ZONE] [53] Zone started with name dynamic_50 by launcher zone
[10.19. - 13:29:37] [WORLD__ZONE] [53] Auto zone port configuration.  Telling zone to use port 7052

Randymarsh9 12-27-2009 07:35 PM

I am having this problem on my server as well. When you tell the ranger to use archery, it crashes the zone.

AndMetal 12-28-2009 04:32 AM

Here's the code:

zone/bot.cpp
Code:

if(!strcasecmp(sep->arg[1], "archery")) {
                if((c->GetTarget() == NULL) || (c->GetTarget() == c) || !c->GetTarget()->IsBot()) {
                        c->Message(15, "You must target a bot!");
                        return;
                }

Mob *archerbot = c->GetTarget();
                if((archerbot->GetClass()==WARRIOR)||(archerbot->GetClass()==PALADIN)||(archerbot->GetClass()==RANGER)||(archerbot->GetClass()==SHADOWKNIGHT)||(archerbot->GetClass()==ROGUE)) {
                        //const Item_Struct* botweapon = database.GetItem(archerbot->CastToBot()->GetItem(SLOT_RANGE));
                        const Item_Struct* botweapon = database.GetItem(archerbot->CastToBot()->GetItem(SLOT_RANGE)->item_id);
                        uint32 archeryMaterial;
                        uint32 archeryColor;
                        uint32 archeryBowID;
                        uint32 archeryAmmoID;
                        uint32 range = 0;
                        if(botweapon && (botweapon->ItemType == ItemTypeBow)) {
                                archeryMaterial = atoi(botweapon->IDFile+2);
                                archeryBowID = botweapon->ID;
                                archeryColor = botweapon->Color;
                                range =+ botweapon->Range;
                                botweapon = database.GetItem(archerbot->CastToNPC()->GetItem(SLOT_AMMO)->item_id);
                                if(!botweapon || (botweapon->ItemType != ItemTypeArrow)) {
                                        archerbot->Say("I don't have any arrows.");
                                        archerbot->CastToBot()->SetBotArcheryRange(0);
                                        return;
                                }
                                range += botweapon->Range;
                                archeryAmmoID = botweapon->ID;
                        }
                        else {
                                archerbot->Say("I don't have a bow.");
                                return;
                        }
                        if(archerbot->CastToBot()->IsBotArcher()) {
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->SetBotArcher(false);
                                archerbot->Say("Using melee skills.");
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->BotAddEquipItem(SLOT_PRIMARY, archerbot->CastToBot()->GetBotItemBySlot(SLOT_PRIMARY, &TempErrorMessage));

if(!TempErrorMessage.empty()) {
                                        c->Message(13, "Database Error: %s", TempErrorMessage.c_str());
                                        return;
                                }
                                //archerbot->SendWearChange(MATERIAL_PRIMARY);
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->BotAddEquipItem(SLOT_SECONDARY, archerbot->CastToBot()->GetBotItemBySlot(SLOT_SECONDARY, &TempErrorMessage));

if(!TempErrorMessage.empty()) {
                                        c->Message(13, "Database Error: %s", TempErrorMessage.c_str());
                                        return;
                                }
                                //archerbot->SendWearChange(MATERIAL_SECONDARY);
                        }
                        else {
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->SetBotArcher(true);
                                archerbot->Say("Using archery skills.");
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->BotRemoveEquipItem(SLOT_PRIMARY);
                                //archerbot->SendWearChange(MATERIAL_PRIMARY);
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->BotRemoveEquipItem(SLOT_SECONDARY);
                                //archerbot->SendWearChange(MATERIAL_SECONDARY);
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->BotAddEquipItem(SLOT_SECONDARY, archeryBowID);
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->SendBotArcheryWearChange(MATERIAL_SECONDARY, archeryMaterial, archeryColor);
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->BotAddEquipItem(SLOT_PRIMARY, archeryAmmoID);
                                archerbot->CastToBot()->SetBotArcheryRange(range);
                        }
                }
                else {
                        archerbot->Say("I don't know how to use a bow.");
                }
                return;
        }

Just scanning through, it looks like there may be a spot or 2 that could end up with a null pointer, but adding some debugging code would help to verify.

WildcardX 01-07-2010 02:45 PM

There is definitely an issue here that crashes the zone when you tell your bot ranger to use archery. I have reproduced this crash and I'll have a fix committed for it later today.

Thank you for reporting it.

WildcardX 01-07-2010 04:27 PM

I just committed a fix to address this issue. Download at least r1082 from the repo and give it a try.

Lillu 01-07-2010 04:36 PM

WildcardX, you are a hero. Thanks for all your hard work!

WildcardX 01-07-2010 06:17 PM

I love your love.

prickle 01-09-2010 09:43 PM

question out of curiosity, because I haven't tried it since I discovered archery crashed my zone server. Now that it's fixed, will the bots you tell to use archery remember to use archery when you camp and respawn them? Or will you need to tell them to use archery again on respawn?

HHocker 04-28-2010 03:05 AM

Do these ranger bots need arrows in the apprpriate slot? I hope they do not need arrows. I am getting the rangers to go with the bow but they melee anyway. So they equip it then engage with swords.

Frosef 04-28-2010 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HHocker (Post 187185)
Do these ranger bots need arrows in the apprpriate slot? I hope they do not need arrows. I am getting the rangers to go with the bow but they melee anyway. So they equip it then engage with swords.

From my testing they have the Endless Quiver AA from the getgo, I gave my Ranger bot a bow and single arrow, and the arrow never disappeared.

HHocker 04-29-2010 01:59 AM

Figures it would be so simple. Haha, thanks