EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   Sanctuary in the Sky Open Beta (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34875)

zerjz3 02-07-2012 08:51 PM

Sanctuary in the Sky Open Beta

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce the opening of Sanctuary in the Sky Beta Beta. This is a fully customized server including the following features:

* Fully Custom Zones
* Fully Custom Items
* Fully Custom Quests - Will contain more quests than original EQ
* Roleplaying preferred and encouraged, but not required
* Stat numbers and mob difficulty unique to this server and unlike traditional EQ
* Item are not ridiculous like on most emulated servers. Characters will not be overpowered and running around killing everything in sight.
* Frequent roleplaying quests and world events with unique items
* Highly stylized approach to items and dungeon themes

Things are open, running, and ready to be tested! Please note that not all planned content is currently implemented. There is plenty to see, people to talk to, and interesting items to be had. Come on up to the Sanctuary in the Sky.

supahsen 02-07-2012 10:11 PM

What client works best?

zerjz3 02-07-2012 10:34 PM

Titanium by far.

sorvani 02-08-2012 01:49 AM

Titanium is not the bet client for anything. Is this the only client your server is going to support?

Soulcold 02-08-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorvani (Post 206964)
Titanium is not the bet client for anything. Is this the only client your server is going to support?

Agreed, Titanium's days are very numbered IMHO. I highly recommend you support Underfoot/House of Thule, there's just so much more you can do, such as utilize more zones, newer weapon graphics, newer mob graphics, BETTER LOOKING zones, etc.

Anyway, GL with the server mate :)

Phantons 02-09-2012 12:40 AM

You CAN use any client on this server, I assume. When I play on it, I use an Underfoot client. It is a great server from what I've played.

zerjz3 02-09-2012 06:21 PM

I am keeping things as close to the feel of classic EQ as I can, with a few modern day perks. Any client is able to play on the server, and in the future I may look into upgrading, but for now it's being developed alongside Titanium.

j3wman 02-10-2012 05:55 PM

Where did server go? :confused:

zerjz3 02-15-2012 05:23 PM

It's still here.

Noport 02-16-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulcold (Post 206980)
Agreed, Titanium's days are very numbered IMHO. I highly recommend you support Underfoot/House of Thule, there's just so much more you can do, such as utilize more zones, newer weapon graphics, newer mob graphics, BETTER LOOKING zones, etc.

Anyway, GL with the server mate :)

lol man how is he going to support House of Thule when it's not supported yet only by me an offline server. Have you tried using your House of Thule client and tried to connect to any of the selected server's on the list well none of them will work with that client if you find a server with Hot support please send me a message thanks.

sorvani 02-16-2012 11:10 AM

Because unlike you, he is talking about the official HoT download from Steam, which is actually the UF client.

kylekurth 02-16-2012 11:16 AM

This server down?

zerjz3 02-17-2012 12:43 AM

Server will be back up in Beta Phase 2 and stabilized to be up 24/7 in about 15 minutes.

kylekurth 02-17-2012 07:23 AM

Wont let me log in :(

zerjz3 02-17-2012 04:43 PM

Sorry everyone, have been having some problems with the server host as I try to get this server set up permanently.... should be fixed tonight, fingers crossed, and when fixed, will be a 24/7 server.