View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 02:24 AM
Doodman
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazill
how long after beta will you make a release so we can make our own server? having a lan party coming up soon =))
We're trying to move to a more sane release schedule and not always be in "DR" status. Give it a little time in beta (and get people to beat on it) so we can have a nice stable release soon.

The netcode change was pretty big , and every opcode changed. We've identified a lot of them and spent some time in limitted alpha test to hammer out a lot of the remaining. There are some final netcode tuning tasks I need to finish up during the beta.

And, btw, if you see "Soandso's Test Server" up it is probably just that. Their test server. I know when I bring mine up it is for me to test on only, same with FNW and LE I assume. LE has been working on getting it to compile again on windows (FNW and myself don't use windows) and testing that out, so I assume that is why his is there.

Again, the more poeple we get testing the Beta on PEQ the faster a full release will come and the better it will be out of the gate.