View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 04:27 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Ideally any critic submissions would be tied to the server registration database (see Server List on the front page of www.eqemulator.net) so you could pick the server you're critiquing from there.

If the admins want to have something like this, they could give anyone willing to put it into action an empty SQL table structure of what they use for their server registration database, and you could code the PHP to do this. I believe they're looking for web devs right now to enhance the web site.

This is assuming they want to go that direction. The issues I have with this are
- Server ops are volunteers, and a handful of harsh criticisms might be the straws that make them give up. There might be a no-win situation where some criticisms are harsh enough to really make the server ops question their desire to keep the server running, but don't technically break any rules so any administrative removal of those submissions would be a subjective decision (read: censorship).

- I don't wanna hear a big dramatic 500-paragraph count of a SPECIFIC issue that YOU had with the server, and too many people would use the criticism form for that. Don't like the fact a server op declined to reimburse your lost Soul Devourer cuz he couldn't find provable evidence it was in your posession? Run to the server critique form. Got banned for MQ'ing? Go run to the critique form and do a smear campaign.

- It is not the responsibility of the eqemu dev team to get involved in any personal server affairs. You request they get involved if there's evidence of retaliation for submitted criticism. I disagree, and I know the core dev team well enough to know they disagree -- they don't want to open that can of worms. The only exception would be if you feel that a server op who is also a dev/admin of eqemu is retaliating in ways that extend beyond his authority as a server op and affect your access to eqemu services in general.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.