View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

I know what your trying to say. I also had thought about that before it was mentioned. I knew there would be bad reviews, but I was hoping that the maturity of this community would help in keeping that down. But, in the end, its the decision of the people who do it. If you want to submit one, there's nothing in keeping you from doing it. Just please keep in mind that their are real people behind the servers and it would appreciated if you atleast control yourself.

About the issue with retaliation from the server and/or site ops, I disagree to a point. I agree that no one wants to get stuck with that kind of situation, but I also said in my first post that I would only bother with investigating the problem further if their was evidence of a server/site admin abusing authority based on their emotional state. Here would be an example: Player_A sends PM to Admin_A saying that ServerOP_A banned them from their server and is harrasing him with PMs and while in IRC. Admin_A would then ask Player_A for evidence, such as forwarding PMs and/or saving conversations in IRC. Then, if the Admin believes the evidence is true, then you would go from there. That's just an example, and, whether you believe it or not, a lot of the problems would be in a form like this. Either that, or maybe a player is being harrased by GMs and players on a server, and the player would just take screenshots of the conversations on the server. I mean, its pretty simple, and for anyone who claims they were being harrased but cannot provide very simple, yet very strong evidence, then I would expect nothing more of the site GM then to just ignore it, because theirs no point in getting involved.

I understand the above sounds like a lot of trouble to go through, so if you don't want to do it, then whatever. Im not gonna beg you to do it. Im just letting you know that it would most likely not be a very complicated job, it's just most of the site admins for EqEmu either don't have the time or don't want to.

Finally, about the server ops getting upset by the critisicm is kind of stupid. In my opinion, if you can't take someone not liking your view of things then you shouldn't have a server. Someone who sends in a critisicm, whether it be good or WAY out of line, about a server should tell the GM something. If the GM really cares about his server and his players, then he would take a moment and read the critisicm and if their is a problem about his server that more than just the poster pointed out, it is a GREAT oppurtunity for the GM to correct it, or address it. Cause what I have noticed, as in EQLive, suggestions made my players is either ignored or rejected without further looking into it. With a forum type deal, the players can post in reply to the critisicm, either aggreeing or disaggreeing. I understand that people get hurt when their creations, or their hardwork, is shot down. That is where I ask the players of this community to please act mature.

That's about all their is to answer. If you don't like the idea, then just say so. That's all I wanted.

P.S.: an example of a "bad" critique of someones idea or creation would be the post above this. Im not at all mad at the the guy, I like that at least some people are still alive on these boards. But instead of getting emotional and just starting a flame war, you just gotta learn to learn from the post.