Thread: Mob Models
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Hi..Im wondering if it would be possible to use 3dsmaxR3 to animate?
Right now I dont understand how the models are made but if a program could be made to create models and animations with 3dsmax and import them into the game then all I would need is a few models to use as examples and I could create many new models and animations..I dont understand too much about bones structures so technical answers wont help me..I do know how the bones structure for TombRaider models are and it consists simply of a bunch or separate meshes with mesh_0 being the hips and all other meshes
as a tree to that..There is no "stretching polygons" as it seems to be in EQ.
In other words..If a model(say a man like a guard)bends down as if picking something up then one can see that the hips and body meshes are separate
where as in EQ the polygons or faces are connected and stretch in some manner..Im nor experienced with that so Im working on it! LOL.

Also Im sort of a beginner Delphi programmer but have not been able to compile any of Wind Catchers projects..There seems to be some files Im missing and it seems the way he programs is unfamiliar to me as I have been using Delphi project and .pas files created by another programmer. I probably
have a trillion questions but Im not ready to ask them yet! LOL.. Im using
Delphi 6.0 here and if I could say..Get a simple project that uses wild.pas
or something.(Say it opens a wild file and shows on a label something like
# of meshes or rooms or whatever?)And I could compile it then I could
take it further and familiarize myself with using the .pas file..

Well right now Im a total noob and need to study much more to even understand this game as its so unfamiliar to me compared to TombRaider..
I dont even have a clue as to how collision works or how a wall or ceiling
or floor is defined..

BTW..Here is a program I am working on..It is like a direct animation editor
where a level file is loaded and animations are edited directly. Its not complete yet but it is one of my very first projects wich was modified from a much simpler program..
http://www.larashome.com/forums/inde...showtopic=9436

Thanks and Im in the background around here..Im lurking and learning..But Im sure it will be sometime before I get the big picture..Someday a light will come on in my head and maybe I can do something useful!