View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Frustration

Hi there guys,

I want to start off by saying thank you very much for the descriptions of all the colums and such and how they interact! I love to be able to UNDERSTAND how the games working, not just how to MAKE it work .

Onto my problem.. at first.. before reading this, I was in my server I typed #spawn Dereclor, a h uman guy named Dereclor popped up, then i targeted him and typed #npcspawn create, i get the Dereclor00 was created successfully! message.. So I figured it was fine, to test, I logged out, shut down the server, and started it up and went back in .. no NPC there, when I look in npc_types he was there, then I found this guide.

I made a new spawngroup, ID =1, name=karnor. then I made the spawnentry stuff, Dereclors ID=1, so i typed spawngroupID=1, npcid=1, chance=100. After that i went into karnor's castle to get my loc, then continued to the next step and in spawn2 I typed: id=1,spawngroupid=1,zone=karnor,x=20.45,y=-24.23,z=3.75, heading=0,respawntime=120 all others remained at 0.

I went into the game and lo and behold no Dereclor, All of the tables concerning spawns i cleared again and redid this so the only entries are for the npc Dereclor and it's spawngroup, and still no such luck, I tried restarting the server everytime I made a change. I'd appreciate any insight into this problem !

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by Aydun; 06-30-2005 at 01:14 AM..