View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Ahamix
Fire Beetle

Default A few questions regarding Zebuxoruk

A friend of mine and I just recently started up a server (Zebuxoruk) on 6.4. It's been up and running since Sunday. Basic idea for our server is old world up to velious, modded dungeons and loot ect (old world 1-50, 50-60 kunark, 60+ velious) something like that we've just started modding noob dungeons such as Crushbone. ANYWAYS!

We have some questions, almost everything we've been able to find through the forums search (implimenting pok stones, questing with perl, ect.).

First, is implimenting an xp bonus impossible due to it being inside the .exe and it not being open source ect. ect.

Secondly, and probably most annoying, are these lag problems we've been having. some info: the server isn't on our lan, dedicated 24/7, the server has adequate specs as far as what people recomend on the forums, and the internet connection where I am at the moment is terrible. It seems to work fine for a while, after about 10-15minutes the other admin and I (on the same network) get hit with horrible lag, takes a minute for a right click to register for merchants,looting,done buttons, ect. Any ideas? just our network? Could someone log onto the zebuxoruk server and play around for 10-20minutes check if you have the same problems and let us know?

Third, could those lag problems be resolved or minimized with 6.5, I've seen in the update that 6.5 is supposedly easier on the admins thing like that (we planned to go with 6.4 because we saw lots of errors popping up on the forums about 6.5, due to its recent release, we're waiting until it all gets resolved)

Fourth, we are having a problem with item creation, like I said we're on 6.4, using version 3.4 of the item creator. (for example we coppied stone of gnoming and changed it to be a nexus gate stone) #finditem comes up with nexus gate stone: 1000, but summon item 1000 gives you the stone of gnoming. Anyone have this happen before?

Sorry for the lengthy post, can't wait for the replies, thanks!