View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 02:03 AM
shamanistik
Sarnak

Well, considering how Everquest is (and I am pretty sure Brad Mc Quaid dont get money anymore..) I feel pretty happy about this OpenEQ/EQemu, for one and simple reason..

The Mc Quaid team surely have put a lot of work in Everquest, and it was an amazing game, they built EQ till Luclin, maybe PoP.. but even if they was working on it, I am sure they had lost a lot of decision power..

EQ had once an history, Kunark made me go crazy playing 12 hours a day, sleeping 3 for months.. the lore, the gods, the history of their people.. was just amazing.

Now what EQ is?? with PoP it started to be a "show me I have loot" game.. the Lore and I would even say the essence of the game started to be replaced..
They launch expansions like in a factory, good or not? people will buy it..
Kill mobs bigger and bigger, I dont know even why, I don't care because it drop 360 HP loot..

I remember the time when someone had a loot from VP, it was surely a skilled player, now I see people not even knowing who Kerafyrm is, or who is the god that created the trolls, showing and linking their 300+ items..

Now talk about game support, where are the GMs??
I knew it was possible to do amazing events, I know it for ages, now I ran my own server and see the panel of commands they have, its just discusting.. at least 1 GM online at regular hours per server wouldn't be too much for 8 / 12 $ per account and per month, don't you think?

I am still playing on EQ because of the friends I made, and because I love the old lore, history

So if I can bring my friends to my server, custom it for fun with good lore on old zones, with decent loot that is actually meaning something, and being able to do events like nobody ever seen one on EQ.. HELL yeah, I love EQemu..

Sorry about my english, probably made mistakes (I learn'd english by playing EQ)

PS: anyway I understand you man, but just saying I feel like Sony is kinda abusing with a software they didn't really made, keeping it alive with no cares of what it was, for money..