View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 04:33 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Just an update, a new utility is being released this week. What it does is simply allow 'random' loots off mobs of specified levels. Just like in DiabloII, where any number of stuff drops depending on mob level, this utility does the same. The best part changes written to the db are undoable and will revert back to 'native' state. So you can 'rotate' stuff on npc's very easily.

I played my lvl70 necro in POStorms, and found some wonderful loot off lvl 65 mobs, never seen before! I actually enjoyed th egame much better before, because I had no idea what to find.

So how does it work?

(1) You specificy what item/s you want to add - these are classified by:
armour,weapons,spells,shields,ales,runes,food,misc low lvl, misc high lvl,etc...
You pick 1 category at a time.

(2) Then specifiy what level NPC's to apply it to i.e levels 31-40, or 50-60 etc..

(3) Then specifiy what % of mobs get these items as a lootdrop

(4) Then specifiy % chance of dropping at death

The program also gives a 'stats' of modified loots per every 10 levels and by item category, so you can identify which levels drop what categories of items - very useful.
You are also able to undo by level, so you can make rapid changesm restart server and changes are good to go for next repop.

This app is a work in progress, but once I 'skin' it for a better appearance, I will release it for testing.

A full html help file will be included -

Any questions?

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//