View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

Quote:
What are we doing wrong?
well for starters the emu doesnt already have an active base of like 700,000 players like soe does... and they spent a ton of time hyping it up, but the population on the progression servers died down a lot after the initial release.

i agree tho that there are too many people who are using the emu without helping the community with their changes, and that comes from the childish concept of, well i did all that work to make my server better than the others, so why share it.

I've spent the past 2 weeks revamping all the quests in the tutorial to emulate the live servers as best as we can. after this is pok. even on angelox's database theres a lot of missing npc's and doors, and god knows a TON of quests...

would i like to just say "Hey the allendium server is the closest to live in all of eqemu! Come play on my server!" yeah sure... part of me kinda wants the whole "OOOOOOOO AHHHHHHH" factor, but that's not what an open source project is about so once it's all done, ill be making SQL files to modify your ax_peq database into shape for the tutorial files i made. still workin on a little bug with ruga... he doesnt want to repop for some reason and i cant figure out if its a binary bug or database bug :p