View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Default Screenshots (Desktops)

Well, I though since there hasnt been a new screenshot thread in quite some time, I would put one up.

I cant think of great screenshots without having the word "Desktop" come into my head so thats what we will shoot for. Hopefully some people will notice this and swing by with a picture. The best part about Desktops from people on hear is that you will see some crazy ones with more shortcuts and icons than you could care for.

If some of you dont have a good screenshot program, I recommend SnagIT 8. Its very powerful, and its what I used to create my guide. Check it out. (Windows Only I Think, sorry OpenSource guys)

Heres my pretty new desktop(Details below the screenie, P.S. This is on Vista btw!!)

*Using Stardocks ObjectDock 1.9 Plus
- Bottom Bar is a Launcher for common used apps
- Top Bar is a Tab style bar to contain all apps
- Top Right bar is the System Tray
- Bottom Right Bar is for all open apps, similar to the taskbar thats normally at the bottom

*Wallpaper comes from the Abstract section of DeviantArt.com Its something Liquid Metal.
*Windows taskbar is a permant hide mode so it wont pop up when I got mousing on bottom of screen

Hope everyone jumps in on this because I like to compare others to mine and get some ideas possibly.

Cheers!!

Last edited by techguy84; 07-19-2007 at 08:32 AM..