View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Scorpious, do you know if it'll (ever) be possible to "convert" SOE zones for those who still wish to have that old familiar world? Mostly just talking landscapes and such. Server admins might still yearn for EQ-ish gaming, without the hassles of legality.

As GeorgeS said, they will have to be custom.

The idea is to remove everything Sony from the game. I admit I actually *could* convert sony zones, it would be a lot of work and I think in a way you can create the feel of the game without copying the zones.

I also have found on our server there is always excitement when a new "world" (group of related zones) opens up. This isn't a copy of places they have been before. It's all NEW! That means exploring. That means really facing the unknown. No internet cheat sites, no ready made maps.

I think it is preferable from a player point of view to have all new, custom zones. You can keep the feel of EQ or create your own.

I would like to add that I have offered all 20 (going on 21) of the custom zones we have including the Windcatcher zones which I modified. We have a good start on this already.