Thread: Hacker
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Well, I meant Linux is more secure in the sense that, when they do hack in, it will be as what ever username I run the EqEmu server under, and can't damage my whole machine.
As for my EqEmu server, I keep many back-ups for when someone does decide to screw me.
I don't really keep my own server on the public log in anyway, I'm content to play or do work alone on my MinI Login set up.
Since most interest is with the "preferred" servers, these will be the ones to have most of these problems; although the Preferred Servers listings have no meaning at all for the moment, they still are "eye candy" for anyone just logging into EqEmu - the casual player thinks he/she has a free ticket to a "preferred" server, that offers more, and go straight to play there. Just like anyone else, hackers need attention too- so they will spend most their time hacking into the populated "preferred" servers.
All the people who make new servers under the normal listing should probably lock it down and let players they know, come in and play.