Thread: Hacker
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I really don't understand what the point is here, or if there is a "point", how big it should be?
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who has ever done any small piece of code, or is doing any code work now, is a Dev, reguardless if they are part of any special "EgEmu Dev" group or not.
lately, I've become aggravated with the whole scene, due to lack of interest by the people who control what goes into the "official" code. But this has always been so, ever since I started in the EqEmu scene. Anyways, this last time around, I got so frustrated, I was not planning to post anymore of my stuff.
But really, this is no way to be - very few of us do any "public" work any more, and this is what keeps this "open source" project alive. I've always been against people who keep stuff to themselves and not publish what they do to these forums or to the source. when I started here, *no one* was doing anything: no updates to any database or nothing to the source. This didn't mean there was no one doing any work, just meant who ever was doing work, kept it to themselves (like what happens now).
What FNW or Doodman does or doesn't do, shouldn't really matter or hinder what YOU are doing - you have the source and everything else you need. They only hide the log in server code, but you could use the mini-login server, just the same, for public logins.
So far, all the ones who rant and criticize, have not shown me where I sould trust them with the "official" source code. Especially the guy who tried to hack into what little we have left and ruin it (you know who you are).
What a lot of us do not understand is, EqEmu *already* belongs to all of us, and we can do as we please with it.
So what fuck it up, hack it , ruin it so everyone gets screwed?
Anyways, I'm working on something I consider to be really big, it's a lot of work, so will take a while, but when I get done, I will post it for all of us to either share or keep it for youself and don't share at all.