Thread: Hacker
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 AM
oldlurker
Fire Beetle

I wonder how this exploit works. If it is just an attack against the server ports it would help if the login Server and the eqemu server did some sort of handshake, so any IP who did not connect to the loginserver first might still be able to open these ports but the emu server will not communicate and close it instantly.
Also it would be nice to know if the attacker is stupid enough to operate from his own account. Wouldnt it be funny if this jerk is also browsing these forums with the same IP, maybe even logged in. That is what logfiles are for.

Some facts about devnoob:

Way back devnoob did his utmost to kill Lucid Vision. He messed with the login server and banned or hijacked accounts until they decided to run their own login server.Then tried to hack their forums and finally forced an wipe with some hidden backdoor in the eqemu code.

It is not a matter of brilliance. I take an merely good lead programmer over an brilliant egomaniac anytime.

Anyway. I would suggest not to feed the Troll any further. if no one responds to his BS he will get bored.