Thread: I feel bad
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

I feel you man. BTW happy B-day.

I was a military-trained Assembler/Cobol programmer...who's passion was in games(which just don't get coded in that shit) So I always felt like I was doing what was needed, but without fulfilment. That's where things like this fill that gap. However, it's hard because your staff is free and your players are free. So there is just too much *free* to have control.

My break came a year ago when I wrote a business proposal to Frank Herbert, LLS to create a MMORPG based off the Dune series. It didn't come to fruit, but I had and still have a base code that's pretty damn kickass if I want to go somewhere else or if I want to create my own game.

I guess the point is count your minor steps as big ones. Because the minor details somtimes are what not only get us by, but also make the framework for the future. Right now I'm in another step of that which looks it might come to fruit. So even though it wasn't at the time I wanted, or the place I expect, its coming to. That's kickass enough. So while not everything lands on target sometimes fate changes it to a better target you didn't expect.