View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:27 PM
gernblan
Discordant

What about if someone smarter than I can modify the #nukebuffs command so that it can also nuke single spells? Maybe a #nukebuff command can be added that works like:

#nukebuff <spellid> and it nukes that buff from the player
whereas #nukebuffs will still nuke them all?

Can make it a quest object too and in scripts we can put an invisible mob in the game with a proximity check that will $client->nukebuff(spellnum) the spells we want nuked.

A fancy way to do it might be to give it an array as input, so we can list the spells to nuke... like:

$client->nukebuff(spell1,spell2,spell3,spell4,spell5)

And

#nukebuff spell1 spell2 spell3 spell4

Like that.

This alone would give us the ability to emulate zones like Siren's grotto properly (nuking the speed/lev buffs at the zone in) OR even set an npc in the middle of the zone with a zone-wide proximity trigger and a timer that keeps them nuked in a zone.

I'm sure there's a cleaner way to approach this... such as setting zone flags in the database to allow or disallow and having something global simply turning those spells off in those zones or whatnot.... but heck, I dunno.

I just think this is badly needed, especially since it IS available on live and should be emulated if at all possible, you know?

Oh, also, it will definitely help against certain exploits where people can levitate, climb stuff then float to parts of the zone they should be so easily able to reach without fighting their way to them.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast