View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:02 AM
trevius
Developer

Thanks, that is all useful information.

I didn't know what "$counter = 0;" did either, but I normally write my scripts by example and the one I used that had timers had that in there and I couldn't figure out why, so I just stuck it in mine lol. You are probably right, it most likely doesn't need to be there.

As for using $zoneln instead of manually editing, that should work well too. I did mine manually, because I wanted them to all be in CAPS so the zone name stands out. This is mainly because multiple zones will be resetting at varied times and I didn't want people to see 2 separate warnings around the same time and accidentally ignore one because they thought it was a warning for the same zone that was just warned about. Plus, I want it to show long names to look a little cleaner.

As for the variables being defined in each script, you may be correct. I am not defining any variables by using "my", so, I guess they are being defined by the settimer command. I kinda figured that these worked on a per-quest basis similar to the "my" setting for variables. The thing I am unsure about is where the actual timers are being calculated and stored. I looked in the "timers" table and I don't see them in there. So, I am guessing they are being ran independently outside of the database in the actual script itself.

I still have more testing to do and refining to my current setup. If the timer names weren't the reason that the Crushbone script was ran in PoTimeB, then I still need to figure out what was. I am leaning towards the way I setup the spawn2 database for the quest NPC. Maybe somehow it is letting that NPC pull scripts from other zone directories, even though that sounds impossible to me lol. This is just a minor issue though and I don't think it will be hard to fix once I find the cause for sure.