Thread: Project Revive
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayot View Post
Sesmar - Thank you, your help in making the controls was extreamly valuable. Also, If I ever figure out what the EDEDBI does I'll probably be even more amazed.
EDEDBI is DAL (Data Access Layer) that I have been working on for sometime now. I converted it to VB.Net for your project, the original version is in C#. When I get sometime this week I will take a look at it to make sure everything is working properly with it (although I think I already did this.) It covers basic data access for returning MySqlReaders to DataTables to DataSets all the way to a LINQ style Entity to Relational DB mapping system using custom attributes and reflection. It has decreased my DB Class coding time by half and sped up my data access time 10 fold.

I think I was starting to work on a faction editor for your project using this particular model, I will look at this as well and maybe get that working as an example of how it is used.

If you have any more questions or want to know more about how it works send me a PM and I will let fill you in on the details.