View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 11:46 PM
trevius
Developer

LOL, post a link to the page where you found a free download of titanium. My guess is that you are downloading a new version of EQ that is NOT compatible with eqemu. You HAVE to have Everquest Titanium with no further expansions or patches. That will definitely cause a problem. Though, I would think you would be getting a different error that wouldn't happen until after you actually got logged in and tried to connect to a server.

The only other eqhost.txt suggestions I can make is:

1. Delete the eqhost.txt file you currently have.

2. Open notepad and paste the following in it:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

3. Click "Edit" and "Select All" and make sure there are no extra spaces anywhere in the text. The cursor should be blinking at the end of the line after 5998.

4. Click "File" then "Save As"

5. Find your Everquest directory. In your case you need to go to "C:Program Files\Sony\Everquest".

6. Delete everything from the "File Name" field. The only thing that should have been in there was "*.txt". Make sure that you delete that and that field is completely empty.

7. In the "File Name" field, type "eqhost.txt".

8. The "Save as type" field should be showing "Text Documents (*.txt)". You need click the arrow on the right side of that field for the drop down. Then select "All Files" from the drop down menu.

9. Click "Save"

If you follow all of those steps exactly, you should no longer have to worry about your issue being related to the eqhost.txt file. If you are still having an issue, it is almost certainly related to the fact that you aren't using a fresh install of Everquest Titanium.

I highly doubt they have a free download for Titanium expansion set from the EQ website. Since that is an old expansion set and they normally only host the files for the current download that includes all current expansions. This is for players who wish to use the 7 day free trial or whatever it is they have these days. After those 7 days, people are expected to pay for the download and the monthly fees. If they hosted a free download of Titanium, it would be like asking their players to play the emulator for free lol.