View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 01:22 AM
mosfet777
Fire Beetle

umm..ok, here goes.
1st the config im running is under xp with sp2, so unfortunately, it wants to firewall everything, even my simple switch.

2nd sharing files across the switch works fine as does file sharing.
so far each time i enable and disable the wired lan, the ip stays the same, and hasn't changed since we upgraded our internet a couple of weeks ago.
as far as swapping, thats just a couple of right-clicks to enable one, and disable the other.

that static ip on the wired nic sounds like a good idea.

3rd i set up accounts with mysql so username,pass,gmspeed,access,and ip are all in there, and the ip of my host machine is in my eqhost file.
however, i should point out that the installer created a user on the host machine that uses mini/mini as user and pass. its ip is ol'local 127.0.0.1 <-(thought i should mention here...i can play on the host machine just fine)
is it possible that it is causing a problem?

if your enterested in explaining it, I would like to hear what you have to say about an alternate system for my network, just keep in mind, xp doesnt let you have wireless lan (or any lan for that matter) with both restricted files and shared files at the same time.
and, finally thanks for the time your putting into helping me, as I know you have better things to do.