Thread: Community vote
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
trevius
Developer

Well, if you read the donator's page from the main website, you will find that all of the claims so far about devs "stealing" money from the project is completely pointless.

It clearly states:

Quote:
Money Donations

This page is here to provide you with information about how to donate to the developers of this project if you would like to do so. All donations are made to individual developers, not to the project itself, with the understanding that they will spend them on whatever they see fit.
You can read the entire page here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/donate.php

That sounds about as clear as it can possibly be. Apparently the cost for hosting is handled from other means, or possibly still in part from donations. Either way, it is made very clear here that donations do NOT go towards bettering the project. Other than hosting, I don't see what else donations could go towards anyway. It isn't like they need to upgrade the server or anything...

It isn't like people are being tricked or mislead into donating on the website. If someone feels a certain dev deserves a little spending cash for their efforts, then they can send them money. I don't see why there should be any sort of problem or debate around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
I think the important thing is to learn whatever lessons are to be learned, pick things up, and move forward. Now that the Scorpious2k server is coming back as titanium, I will be able to test code on it again. This means I am also back, contributing code and trying to help those who need it.

It is not a time to make accusations of real or imagined wrongs. It's a time to regroup. Refocus. Unite as a team.

Let's work together. The emulator belongs to the community. Be proud of what we have done with it, and let's keep working hard to make it better.
I couldn't have said it better myself. /cheers S2k