View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

There's another problem I noticed too, Skyfire has a lot of 'moonwalkers' (npc's get stuck and go a few steps back then forward a few, never get anywhere). I noticed at first in the entrance to Veeshan. Thought maybe it was the map , but the azone2 fix doesn't help. Then I started seeing this moonwalking bug all over the zone, with many npcs. If you can slow or freeze the frame rate , you'll see the mob gets stuck waist-deep in the ground where this is happening (the moonwalking is just an illusion). Skyfire Map I made is so gigantic because I detailed a lot of objects in hopes it would help some. But the most needed objects that are what cause the problem are not in the S3d files , they are on the Skyfire.wld files. I haven't checked any other zones, I Imagine the more irregular the terrain, the more prone to moonwalking. I saw some moonwalking in FM and really haven't check more zones - But Skyfire would be the zone to work this bug out.
In FM(Frontier Mts), most mobs walked fine, with the new fix (Dersion fix for 'BestZ Calculation for aggroed mobs), most the giants travel flawlessly over the big mountains, but once in a while you bump into a MJ fan (moonwalker). I think the 'BestZ Calculation' fixed a lot more than expected.