View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 PM
So_1337
Dragon

As noted in the other thread, I have a bunch of queries that take care of issues like fableds and other things, and I'm more than willing to share. In fact, I just finished sending you a PM with all the details. They should be in the first set I sent, "classic queries".

The second issue sounds two-fold -- In your database, go the launcher table. The second column should hold a number, which is how many dynamic zones. Depending how many people you have on your server, this may need to be adjusted. These are in addition to static zones, which I'll explain thusly:

In the launcher_zones table of your database, you can enter any zones you'd like to run static versions of. I use this typically for raid zones, where I worry about the zone's state being preserved. Let's say for example you wanted to run Lower Guk as a static zone on your progression server.

Code:
INSERT INTO launcher_zones VALUES ('zone','gukbottom',0);
Your server will know to do so now that it's in that table. However, there's a second part we must do. If you don't already, I recommend starting your server from a .bat file. This allows you to easily handle all the ways you may want to start your server. Here's mine:

Code:
@echo off
start world.exe
cls
Echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
pause
start eqlaunch.exe zone
start zone.exe templeveeshan
start zone.exe kael
start zone.exe ssratemple
start zone.exe sleeper
start zone.exe akheva
exit
start perl.exe shifts.pl
When I start the server, I get two windows; one that actually boots world.exe and connects to login, and another that simply tells me to press a key once that has completed. When I hit a key, I get six new windows; one for each of the static zones listed there, and one generic one that manages the dynamic zones. (It's usually labled 'sleeping' if nothing is going on.)

So for your script, if you just wanted to run Lower Guk as a static zone, I'd run this as your batch file:

Code:
@echo off
start world.exe
cls
Echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
pause
start eqlaunch.exe zone
start zone.exe gukbottom
exit
start perl.exe shifts.pl
Hope this helps get you going. Reply back with any questions, we're more than happy to help.