Thread: Combat Fixes
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 07:00 AM
James76
Sarnak

OK I'm drunk, and so is the code apparently... I had disabled the level check if the mob is 35+, and the chance NOT to have it add to Feign Memory.. Which is when the mob should still remember you. But it forgets. Maybe its backwards, which doesn't make sense. Once I had a ton of mobs without changing code and it did work, in poi (my choice zone for testing because of quick access to mobs).. But only once. Now it works all the time but they should be remembering you all the time. I'm gonna work on this before I post again..

So I set it so it always adds you to feign memory, and it always remembers, I guess that makes sense. 60% chance of remembering you, you could FD 10 times and it will still remember you. But it does work. I read that it should be 70% chance of forgetting, not 60% chance of remembering... Changing to 30% chance of remembering and testing...

Looks like its working. That mob forgot about me, twice. I would recommend changing ./zone/entity.cpp line 2715ish, <=60 to <=30. Maybe somebody wants this pushed to server rules? But it works, I only changed the % chance of remembering.

OK on to riposte.. and final post with link to attack.cpp....