View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Skizoke, You said that you are not using minilogin. If not then you don't need to open any ports on your router and all eqhost.txt files should have the line:Host=eqemulator.net:5998. Everyone will need a login on this site and connect to your server publicly. If that is not what you want you need to open the ports on your router and use minilogin. The ip for your server will be the ip for your router, at least as far as players outside your lan are concerned. You will need someway to get the ip address of your friends, use this: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=MiniLogin.

I have set up several servers this way, I always wanted just my friends to play on my lan. As it turns out this is an awful lot of work. Just setup the server normally and then lock it. Give your friends enough privileges to sign into the locked server. Much easier and you don't have to worry about modifing the eqhost.txt file all the time or opening the ports on your router.

HTH

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein