View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
AndMetal
Developer

For some reason I thought something was changed with the client hate list, but I may have misread something (discussion), because I can't find it being mentioned specifically (or in the changelogs, etc).

Looking through the code, Mob::IsEngaged checks to see if the hate_list, tucked in the protected portion of the Mob class in zone/mob.h, IsEmpty() (defined in hate_list.cpp). At that point, it basically iterates through the hate list to see if there are any hate values > -1.

There is a function, Mob::PrintHateListToClient (which basically points to HateList::PrintToClient) that's used by the #hatelist command that we might be able to use to debug it. I'm still running the base version of 1129, and I'm able to see my (client) hate list fine.

On a somewhat related note, the current SVN source doesn't wipe the client's hate list after you have successfully feigned and then waited the 2 min for the aggro to clear, at least as far as I can tell. As a result, you could still be considered Engaged if a mob you were killing is still alive, you feigned, & its hate list is wiped, so it no longer knows about you. You should be able to do this:
in zone/client_process.cpp, around line 626, add
Code:
	// EverHood Feign Death 2 minutes and zone forgets you
	if (forget_timer.Check()) {
		forget_timer.Disable();
		entity_list.ClearZoneFeignAggro(this);
		WhipeHateList(); //wipe the client's hate list
		Message(0,"Your enemies have forgotten you!");
	}
I'm pretty sure WhipeHateList (sic) should be able to inherit from the Mob class, although if not, we may need to rework it a little.

In any case, if anyone has a chance to check the client/bot hate lists to see what's going on, maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

My Contributions to the Wiki