Thread: CoH PVP?...
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedra View Post
I'd like to get feedback every now and then as I begin to address some specific mechanics of gameplay.

So let me know if you guys have any questions or feedback or spot any potential problems or exploits with what I'm working on.
  • There will be no banks. Instead, players will have access to plenty of large weight reduction bags (probably 100%). To 'bank' money, players can buy certain lightweight, stackable items which can be sold and bought at a 1:1 ratio.
  • Currently, it's unrestricted PvP but members of the same guild cannot harm each other. This will apply to player pets, too.
  • When a player level 11 or higher is killed by another player of any level (or another players pet) he will leave a corpse that may be looted completely. The dead player will become level 1 and lose spells and skills. The dead player may attempt to recover his corpse if he wishes.

I'll try to get feedback on other things as I encounter them.

Thanks,
Kedra
I dig the no banking option, makes sense for what you are planning, has a definite discordia feel(which I never got to participate in), the level 11 limit seems fair, griefers will kill level 11's, smart players will turn this into a large guild vs guild server with extremely high stakes.