View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
unfortunately I think more for the private route and everyone has their own registration. It is too easy to spoof being another client in this game to trust passing that data back and forth. I think people want the freedom of their own LS too..
With the ideas in my post, people could do either one separately or both at the same time. Having more options is more likely to get the best approval rate.

If there are issues with account security, then maybe they can be worked out. If it is so easy to spoof being another account, then I don't see how that wouldn't be a potential issue for any Login Server, private or Public. I am not sure how that would effect being able to use public accounts on a private server. If you are setting a password into the accounts table, you would have to know what that password was to be able to access that same account through the Private LS. I am talking about players setting their own passwords to their accounts while they are actually logged into the server through the Public LS. That should pretty much confirm that they do actually own that account. If there are security issues with that, then maybe they can be worked out somehow as well.