View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Tabidzukare
Sarnak

Default Hey Secrets!

Greetings Secrets!

First of all, a big thanks again for that. Under your recommendation I was able after a few hours of digging to find the original ZoneConverter (not the one bundled with ModelViewer on GeorgeS's site).
I was able to go from this:

To this!!
{{{Hallelujah Chorus~~}}}

Indeed it was as easy as pie after all the ordeals prior to this point. I've not tested it again on individual character based .wld files that come out of the _chr.s3d's but I will later (my computers dying now).

I was able to do some background reading by following Kaiyodo's post trails and find out that the reason for that 'implosion' is because he couldn't find out where bone structures and the like were stored in the distributed .s3d's so he couldn't render or export full scenes just individual static models.

I have also found out that a certain .s3d file contains all the complete models for characters and NPC's up to Kunark (which is good enough for me) and am in the process of getting into a file that might have this .s3d to test it on.

This next question is for WindCatcher himself. I don't know how frequently he views this thread, I might also post this as it's own topic after a week or two if I can get any assistance.

Question:
Your DZoneConverter is able to show completed models, it also shows animations contained within the newest .s3d files. You've found out where the bone and animation information is stored as well as how to preview it. Would it be a big ordeal to combine the export to .POV as the original ZoneConverter makes use of, as well as the export to .MS features of Kaiyodo's model viewer into your DZoneConverter?

I am beginning to look into how I can do this myself with your program (that is.. extending it's features) since both it, the original ZoneConverter AND Kaiyodo's Model Viewer are all open source. Depending on your answer or willingness to extend your program with those features (I know it's unsupported) at the very least could you point me to topic of study that would prime me for this task. I've got basic programming logic down alright, and experience with C/C++ (though scant). It looks like a big chunk of learning will have to go to OpenGL and even just understanding 3D modelling in general! Any help would be fantastic.

I'm still on my quest to export everything from EQ . With everyones help I've got significantly closer to that goal. Most items and armor, now zones (looking into spells as well). The last great frontier is getting the full (unimploaded) models for the PC's/NPC's along with their basic animations.

With great respect,
and as always,

Kindest Regards~~