View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Conifer
Fire Beetle

One more thing...

I saw in some earlier posts some people not liking the sound of not having access to the #zone command in some form or fashion; probably want the PoK in there also.

If I were striving for the classic approach, I would definitely not put the #zone function in the game. The PoK is not a solution either when you get down to it. If the population is large enough, sure the old player run druid and wizard transportation system might be feasible, but realistically I would not count on it.

What I would do is not quite Classic, but it would be in line with Classic. Hell, being new to eqemu, this may not even be possible but I will throw it out there anyway. I would put an NPC translocator at each Classic druid rings and wizard spires and allow them to be able to teleport a player to a corresponding ring or spire. Druids to only druid rings, and wizards to only wizard rings. Maybe even charge a small fee. If the charge could scale with player level that would be nice.

This is a way to add some--fast travel--that is in line with the Classic era. If you are allowing multiboxing and all that, this might not be a big issue since some people will probably have secondaries that are druids or wizards. Just an idea.

You may have even done something like this.

Conifer

P.S. I wish the real boats of classic worked. I would definate