View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

I have to say, Conifer, that was an excellent post! I played from beta through the release of PoP but quit for good, never to return, shortly after that. Like you, I began to feel very disconnected with EQ. All of my RL friends that I played EQ with became disenchanted with EQ much sooner and quit right before or very shortly after the release of Luclin. Before I quit for good also, I realized that the game had gone too far. It began to deviate from my desired EQ experience with Luclin's release.

At Project 1999, you have a huge job to do as I'm sure you're all aware of. You have the chance to make the hopes and dreams of many people come true. I look forward to the chance to see the original vision of EQ as close as possible come to life again.

Classic all the way baby!

Also, an addon to Conifer's travel post. I agree that no access to #zone or existence of PoK would be the best thing and give it the best classic feel. An alternative to his suggestion of the translocators are ancient runes. These runes have to be looted, have unlimited charges and teleport the user to the respective druid rings or wizard spires.

Just a thought.