Thread: Hotzones?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 06:57 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Probably wouldn't be too hard to do, but I see more problems than benefits. May not be that attractive either, since Exp plays a major role in Everquest.
When i used to play on live, I would play according to my situation, at first I played a Ranger, so when I was alone, I looked for blues and light blues to level on. When I could find my friends and we grouped, then we looked for a good challenge (usually reds that dropped nice things).

What we've done with AX Classic is flag "Classic" zones as trivial to anyone 50 and over. A level 50+ can still go there, but cannot fight any of the mobs. I like this because I want to keep Classic zones challenging and rewarding, but still play in some of those great zones like the LoY ones, without any temptation to exploit the Classics.
We also have the bots very keyed down, so as just to acquire them and some of their spells will be a challenge- And their's zones flagged as "no raid" , to avoid exploits with bot-raid groups.
Could you elaborate on how you did that?
I suppose you running a script which check players level when it gets on mobs hate list and then- i don't know- kick them from the zone?

The thing is- I need an exact reverse - the mobs should be killable, but no XP awarded.