View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Ok, after a long annoying run with this issue, and making a launch util to set affinity and utilize easy host editing, nothing has worked period.

I have figured out "what" is happening, but I can't seem to find the cure.

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo (centrino2)
4gb ram
Nvidia 9800m 1gb
Windows 7 build 7100 (I have tried 32 and 64 bit no difference)

I have determined it is not my internet as other systems (AMD based) run fine and a Intel Core solo based system with a crap intel vid card and 1gb ram running xp with no tweaks at all. It works well, just heats up too much running EQ.

I have also determined it is not due to anything not set according to everyone's posts here.

It is also not a result of the client version, as both SOF and Titanium do it equally and regardless of if I set core affinity or not.

What I have discovered is that when I seem to run (movement in game) normally my CPU clock is max and when I am in slow motion the CPU is throttling to about half.

I have set my power management in windows to not do CPU power saving, but it doesn't change anything. My bios does not have a power save setting, so that fix doesn't apply either or at least it's not enabled for the user to change.

So, what I "think" is the issue for those that can't get anything to work (myself included), is that we need to force CPU clock to max. So either I am using the wrong search strings or it just doesn't exist, but I can't find how to force this in windows 7. I know it can be forced in Linux, but this laptop isn't easily linux ready (some drivers just don't exist yet mainly wireless).

So on this note, if anyone knows of a trustworthy utility or windows tweak to do this, please speak up.