Thread: Placing Objects
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 AM
neiv2
Hill Giant

Default Placing Objects

RE: this thread:

I'm still a little unclear on the syntax for adding an object. The instructions are as follows:
Quote:
2. #object Add - Spawns a new object at your present location

Usage:
Static Object: #object Add [ObjectID] 0 Model [SizePercent] [SolidType] [Incline]
Tradeskill Object: #object Add [ObjectID] TypeNum Model Icon

Examples:
- #object Add 0 CHEST1 50
- #object Add 17 IT66_ACTORDEF 1115
- #object Add 161001 0 FELBED 125 1 0
The examples are so disparate that I can't seem to grasp what the pattern is. For instance, the usage syntax is #object Add [ObjectID] 0 Model [SizePercent] [SolidType] [Incline]. But the corresponding example (the "chest," I assume?) doesn't exactly map to that syntax. Why is there a space between the 0 and CHEST1? Does this represent the 0 before "Model" in the usage syntax? Why then does that 0 come after the ObjectID--or is that 0 in fact the ObjectID? Why does the example have only three variable after "Add," but the syntax indicates there should be six variables? What exactly is "0 Model" in the syntax? Is Model a variable? If so, why are there no square brackets around it as in the other variables?

I also have questions about how the model inventory works, but I may be able to figure that out myself after I get clarification on these issues. Thanks.