View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Mirakus
Fire Beetle

Okay, I'm not sure why, but the AuthCrypto files needed by the login server are pre-built into static libraries, probably for security reasons, although I'm clueless as to the true reason why.

In the login server directory, there is another directory called login_util, or something similar. Navigate through to the linux folder, and then you should see a couple of zip files based on distribution. Choose the one closest to your distribution, and unzip the .a (static libraries on linux) into the main directory for the login server, then try making again. There isn't a file in there for every distrib; just choose the one closest. I used the RedHat64 one for a Debian 64-bit system and it worked fine. After that lib is in the LoginServer directory, it should build fine.

The eqemu_config.xml is kind of like an overall configuration file for your world server, not the login server. This is the place you will set up your ip's, ports, etc. This page: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...rConfiguration documents the file pretty well, although some of the things can be kind of misleading, depending on your exact intentions. For example, it says you do not need to set the ips at the beginning, but I had to in order to get things working. If you are just running over a lan, I would set both the address and local address to your local ip, or the address to your WAN address if you're opening up for friends on the internet. It may be possible that it's not necessary to modify those lines (uncommenting them - the <!-- in xml represent beginning of comments), but for whatever reason, I had to uncomment and set them to get things working on two different servers.

Your "login server configuration" refers to your login.ini file while is also located in the login_util directory of the login server directory. I just made a link to mine in the server directory, since that's where the script starts from, but if you're planning on using the official eqemulator login server, you probably don't want to do that. You will also need to set your necessary port and database information in that file.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this!