Thread: EQExtractor2
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Derision
Developer

1.6 is up with a couple of bug fixes
Code:
The zone long name should no longer be truncated at 32 characters.
Apostrophes in the zone long name are escaped, i.e. Dranik's Hollows should be Dranik\'s Hollows.
And I enabled the feature to update existing NPCs in the database, which doesn't generate new npc_types or spawn table entries, but updates existing npc_types as follows:

Code:
If selected, the following columns:

texture, helmtexture, size, face, luclin_hairstyle, luclin_haircolor, luclin_eyecolor, luclin_eyecolor2, luclin_beardcolor,
  luclin_beard, drakkin_heritage, drakkin_tattoo, drakkin_details, armortint_red, armortint_green, armortint_blue,
  d_meele_texture1, d_meele_texture2, findable

will be updated for existing rows in the npc_types table that meet the following criteria:

Their ID falls within the range specified.
	The NPC is a playable race (Race <= 12 || Race == 128 || Race == 130 || Race == 330 || Race == 522)
	The NPC name is unique in the sense that only one NPC with the given first name was seen in the packet collect.
In other news

The zombie_catapults I mentioned in a previous post that were showing as humans are actually 'Destructable objects' that I think were introduced in Serpent's spine.

I can get the catapults to display properly if I hard code the same data as is in a live spawn packet (three strings and 53 bytes of as yet unidentified data).

I plan to look at the destructable objects some more at the weekend to see if I can figure out what those 53 bytes control so we can make some meaningful fields for them in
the npc_types table.

If anyone has any info on destructable objects, particuarly do some behave differently than others, do their graphics change as they get to various %s of hit points, are some immune
to melee, or spells, or certain types of spells, etc, that might possibly help identify what some of the data associated with them controls.