View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 03:11 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Mass editing and pruning of npc's in selected spawngroups now works!

What it can do?

You can search for all "bats" in zone=commons and then add/remove a npc of your choice.
You can search for all "bats" by either the word "bat" or a specific npc ID within a zone or global (all zones in game) and then add/remove a npc of your choice to the entire spawngroup set.

for example, If you create a high ranking "orc", you are able to add it to all selected spawngroups at one shot where npc name="orc" in the spawnentry table.

This is a feature Trevius requested, and I am working on the rest of the feature list now

GeorgeS

Quote:
I have another request if it is possible and if you find the time to check into it. The request is to add a way to edit multiple spawngroups at once. What I am looking for is to use the spawngroup editor to search for all spawngroups for a single NPCID (which the tool already does). Then, to be able to add another NPCID to all of those spawngroups all at once. So, say the NPC I am looking up is a_bear, and I find that it has 10 spawngroups in the zone. Then, I want to add a_snake to all of those 10 spawngroups at once. Assuming a_bear was the only thing in the existing spawngroups, it would then just add a_snake to all of them and maybe allow setting a chance for the new a_snake to be added in with. If I set a_snake to be added with a 40% chance, it would adjust all of a_bear chances to 60%. If there are more than just a_bear in the original spawngroup, it would adjust all of the existing spawns to equal 60% chance total (by scaling each existing one down proportionately) and then add a_snake in at 40% chance still.

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//