View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 07:49 PM
chrismed0
Sarnak

Default assistance setting up an EQEmu Server

I was wondering if I might be able to get a little assistance setting up an EQEmu Server. I have successfully set up a private one before but at the time didn't have time to start learning how to edit it or play with it.
(meaning I could log on and everything worked)
But because of the lack of time I had to spend at that time to learn and edit.. I deleted it.
Because things have settled down here.. I now have time to do more then just play around on other server and was thinking about setting up another server and see what I could do.
I understand how it works as far as MySQL and have a general idea of how it is suppose to work and would probably be able able to do much more once it is up and running.. but this is the problem....

I have installed...
MySQL 5.0.82
ActivePerl 5.10.1.1008
Navicat
Visual Studio C++ 2008
Zlib.dll
all seems to be correct and followed the guide(s) and that is all the same as when I did this before.

I update VS 2008 Directories .. np there

I get 5 suc 0 - 0 - 0 (I think) after the build so seems correct

It is up to the point when I'm suppose to combine the directories into my EQEmu server Dir and editing the some of the files I start having problems.
There are subtle differences in the guides and some of the files I'm suppose to have. Also there are references to some files that have either changed names or just aren't there. (needless to say I think I may just be confusing myself)
I tried a few times now to start a server after playing with the configurations a few times and still get a lot of errors and a not so working server.
Even though the database and everything looks good.

Another thing I would like to try to do but don't grasp how it's done is to create the server were it shows up through the EQEmu server list.. this is to be able to play around on and let a few friends and people that might want to play come and join us.

I have a Router with the DMZ set up .. port forwarding and Networking isn't a problem on my end.. I know how to do that. I also have 2 options I can consider for the server.

Option 1
My system
AMD 6xCore 3.0
16 gig DDR3
1TB HDD
Win 7 Pro 64
(no compatibility issues with anything .. not even the clients.. everything runs great on it)

Option 2
VMware
2xCore proc
gave it 4gig mem (for the moment)
200 gig HDD
running Win Server (32 bit) 2008

My ISP isn't to shabby at all either. I don't have a T1 but I do have 10Mbs download and 1 Mbs upload

I would love the opertunity to chat with someone who has set up a server if they don't mind sparing just a little of their time with me to go over some of this so I might be able to find my mistakes . I would even go as far as opening up instant message lines with them to make it go much faster (also makes it much easier)

If someone could help me out thanks....