View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:14 AM
trevius
Developer

If you can post a link to something that shows it is random at rank 3+, I don't see a problem with this submission. Looks like it goes up to rank 15 on Live now from the brief searching I did.

You mentioned you set a random chance for texture change on Rank 2 to give something for the AA purchase, but aren't the 2 extra pets that get summoned worthwhile for the purchase? From what I can see, it looks like the first 3 ranks summon 5/7/9 pets respectively. And for ranks past 3, it looks like it might just increase the duration of the pets from 30 seconds to 45, 60 and so on, but I didn't really dig too deep into it and really only the first 3 ranks are being discussed in this thread anyway.

I have no experience with this AA on Live that I can recall. Due to the conflicting information in this thread so far, I personally don't want to commit a change like this without some kind of proof. Maybe one of the other devs would know more about it, though.

My thoughts on this AA is that they would always all be earth elementals. My reason for that is purely to keep lag from this AA at a minimum. All of the other pets (with luclin models on) have effects shooting out the bottom of them, which probably cause a bit more lag. Popping out 9 fire/water/air elementals might be a noticeable hit on performance vs 9 earth elementals.

Last edited by trevius; 03-11-2011 at 03:19 AM..