View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 AM
PixelEngineer
Sarnak

Just a quick update. I am continuing to work on this and iron out issues. If there is anyone who knows where Windcatcher is, please let me know or get in touch with me. I am trying to finalize everything on the rendering front and it has proved to be quite the challenge. Obtaining the (RLE encoded) PVS has proved extremely difficult so I have to go about doing this another way.

Here is a screenshot from today:

Again if you would like to help PM me. And if you are hesitant, wait a few weeks. Development will get much more fun when it comes time to add features rather than fight with the cryptic WLD format.

Edit: Forgot to mention what was different. From the screenshot, it might not look like it but I fixed a number of texture bugs (that were offscreen in the first few screenshots), completely redid the way I render zone geometry and documented and did huge cleanups on nearly every WLD fragment. As soon as I get my line of sight issues fixed, I am taking on lighting (vertex and per-pixel) and am going to add things like shadows, something that was never in the original EverQuest.