Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
the best MMO, is the one you make yourself
God bless Emulator!
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeric View Post
All the new games claim the sky. "It will kill "X"-game." Everyone expects the new game, whatever it is, to be "it."

They never are.

Shadowbane was supposed to kill DAoC. it didn't.
Star Wars Galaxies was supposed to destroy EQ and UO. It didn't.
The Matrix was supposed to kill EQ and DAoC. It didn't.
Guild Wars was supposed to finally kill all MMOs. It didn't.
Age of Conan was supposed to kill EQ and UO and Shadowbane and DAoC. It didn't.
WoW was supposed to kill...

Need I go on?

Let's face the reality. ALL MMOs suck. They suck because they are made to be appealing to as many people as possible. I could list complaints about every single MMO that has ever come out. Sure, we like certain things about certain games, but the end result is that we are not satisfied.

Star Wars the Old Retarded or whatever it is called won't be any different from any other sucky MMO. They all claim to be "next generation." They aren't and the usage is about as cliche as "All Natural" on food labels.

EQII was supposed to be the "best ever" graphics and was repeated so many times that everyone began repeating it themselves. EQII graphics SUCK. Only the environmental wet effects looked cool. The rest of it sucked and it wasn't "next generation." Let's stop repeating the same old stupid fallacies and judge games for what they are. If we didn't think EQ sucked, we wouldn't be here.

Having spent 12 years in MMOs and played almost every single one, I've seen it all. The reality never matches the hype. Ever. Period. Get over it.

Star Wars TOR is going to suck. We'll like certain things about it, but in the end we'll move on because the game sucks.
Just wondering, from what you've played what did you like?